Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

It's amazing that a person in the HOF owes it all to one team and he didn't even play on that team.

Pretty much replaces Arrieta so Cubs MIGHT be 1 win better this season not factoring in development.

92-95 wins

I'm very glad the Yankees avoided that contract. This should help the Yankees get in on someone like (hopefully) Alex Cobb for 12-14 million since Darvish will lower the market.

The 21m per year isn't bad but the 6 years I don't like at all. He'll be 37 when the contract ends and he just flamed out bad in the post-season.

Why are people so eager to hang their hat on his 4 WS innings?

Sounds like he has an opt out after year 2 so this may be best case for Cubs. If he continues his elite performance he can opt out and chase a higher AAV in 2020 on a 3-4 year deal and Cubs don't have to foot those sundowning years.

Either way, they're paying primarily for their championship window that lasts until Theo's draftees cash out.

It appears as though a lot of people are unfamiliar with the concept of a ferry. Lots of confusion in the comments with regards to West Michigan being closer to Milwaukee than Detroit/Chicago.

I love that the closest team to Raleigh is unavailable to watch in our area.

No MASN? I have directv and get nats and orioles and don’t get the braves

The contract Boston gave JD is perfect. Can opt out after two years, only worth $110mil if he doesn't.

So they don't lose anyone of note, add Martinez and get two elite bullpen guys back. Barring injuries and a JD flop, this is a 95 win team imo.

I'd prefer they swap the Rays and Bulls in level. There's not much room for expansion in the Bulls current park but if you could add 10K more seats to the first base and right field sides, you could sellout the stadium and hit an MLB average each night. Rays have averaged under 16K for the last three years. Plus, the Durham Bulls are probably more iconic in baseball than the fucking Rays. RDU is a better market than Tampa for the sport and it would inject a new identity as if they were an expansion team.

Attendance would be great considering the Yankees, Red Sox, and Orioles have a ton of fans in this area. With MLB talent on the field each week, I think the franchise would thrive in Durham.

No way MLB would go for a 21,000 seat stadium. I think the newish ballpark in uptown Charlotte could be expanded a bit, but I also don't see Charlotte supporting an MLB team for 81 dates.

No way MLB would go for a 21,000 seat stadium. I think the newish ballpark in uptown Charlotte could be expanded a bit, but I also don't see Charlotte supporting an MLB team for 81 dates.

As someone who loves skyscrapers, that park is one of the greatest parks in the country.

I am curious why you don't think Charlotte could support an MLB team. Charlotte metro has more people than Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, etc. And Charlotte is experiencing ridiculous growth. A solid corporate presence: you've got Bank of America, Lowe's, NASCAR, Duke Energy, etc all in the city limits or close by. Huge airport.

I think the biggest obstacle would be the Braves raising Hell about their "territory." They'd need some cash and someone to show them that it would be a net positive overall for them.

Since MLB wants 8 divisions with 4 teams, imagine an MLB division with the Braves, a Nashville team, a Charlotte team, and Cincinnati. Would be bananas.

Not sure where you'd put the Rays and Marlins in this scenario, but I am convinced they have to stay. Florida is too important of a market. And the Rays have a new ballpark location in Tampa, so there's hope there.

The Athletics are probably going to move. Can't do Montreal because you need to keep the Athletics brand, and that city is too synonymous with the Expos. I think the Nashville Athletics would be perfect.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom