Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Saw 12 Strong night. I'm sure it was juiced up for Hollywood and Hemsworth's American accent was pretty bad but overall, a pretty solid movie.

Now that I've seen it, I have to say that there's surely no way Gary Oldman does NOT win the Best Actor Oscar. It's an amazing portrayal, and he's barely recognizable in the beginning.

Speaking of wonderful acting jobs, if not for the allegations he's facing, Franco in Disaster Artist came the closest to Oldman in terms of immersing himself in a role, and he would surely have also been nominated. That was an extraordinary performance.

We don't have a Documentaries thread. Would there be interest in sustaining one? I've been watching a couple of the Oscar nominees and also found others from best-of-2017 lists.

We don't have a Documentaries thread. Would there be interest in sustaining one? I've been watching a couple of the Oscar nominees and also found others from best-of-2017 lists.

I like that idea - just watched the James Brown documentary last week.

A complicated man, but an unquestionably great artist.

I can see why Three Billboards would win Best Picture. I hope it does not. Seems like Get Out is picking up steam in Vegas, with odds showing a pretty even four-movie race between Three Billboards, Shape of Water, Lady Bird and Get Out. The Trump dues were already paid last year with Moonlight, though.

I've seen 3BB and Get Out. Liked them both but if either win best picture then it's an incredibly weak year for movies.

It'd be great if The Post snuck up on everyone to claim it. Spielberg's attention to detail is on full display. Not as compelling a journalism movie as Spotlight, but that doesn't make it less deserving based on this year's field.

I've been wanting to see that. Here's the thing, I liked Get Out a lot but man is that movie grossly overrated. That should not be up for best picture.

I've been wanting to see that. Here's the thing, I liked Get Out a lot but man is that movie grossly overrated. That should not be up for best picture.
It was alright. Timing matters, and the environment is certainly ripe for that type of racial theme. Conversely, that is also why I feel that The Post could be a dark horse.

It was alright. Timing matters, and the environment is certainly ripe for that type of racial theme. Conversely, that is also why I feel that The Post could be a dark horse.
Pun intended?

Pun intended?
Hah. Absolutely unintended. Good pickup.

It was funny and entertaining, but it was also extremely simplistic and heavy handed. The first half of the movie offered a much more complex view of race relations than the second half.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back