Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

See it’s entirely dependent on expectations to me. Im a sucker for a good popcorn flick and the Russo brothers (Arrested Development, Community) are quality writers. Itll be great.

I like action movies. I enjoy things like Bourne movies and John Wick. But man, I never want to even hear about another superhero movie, especially not the ones with 1000 characters, nonstop fighting, and an irrelevant storyline. I hated the first Avengers (or more accurately was just really bored). The Marvel Netflix shows are pretty good because they have time to focus on other things.

I like action movies. I enjoy things like Bourne movies and John Wick. But man, I never want to even hear about another superhero movie, especially not the ones with 1000 characters, nonstop fighting, and an irrelevant storyline. I hated the first Avengers (or more accurately was just really bored). The Marvel Netflix shows are pretty good because they have time to focus on other things.
I love this post so much. So many Hi-5s to you, my friend!

But I will watch the new Deadpool because I’m a child.

See it’s entirely dependent on expectations to me. Im a sucker for a good popcorn flick and the Russo brothers (Arrested Development, Community) are quality writers. Itll be great.
They didn't write it though. Just directed.

For projects like this, they work very closely with the writers so its all one in the same.

Lady Bird, The Florida Project, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Good Time, Moonlight, It Comes at Night, Under the Skin, Ex Machina, Enemy, Obvious Child, A Most Violent Year, The End of the Tour, The Lobster, The Witch, and a shitload of a good stuff coming out this year. Best production company in America.

Lady Bird, The Florida Project, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Good Time, Moonlight, It Comes at Night, Under the Skin, Ex Machina, Enemy, Obvious Child, A Most Violent Year, The End of the Tour, The Lobster, The Witch, and a shitload of a good stuff coming out this year. Best production company in America.
Mostly worse than Avengers IV Part II though.

Going to see "Infinity War" tonight, can't wait. Will be curious to see just how much it makes this weekend.

No idea how to rank IW yet...

DO NOT OPEN FOR SPOILERS LURK

Incredibly well done for the expectations. The deaths...fuck I was not ready for the deaths. Killing Black Panther and Spiderman so soon after massive solo films was a master stroke. Risky as fuck but really the only move that would have truly stunned an audience the way it did.

Though some elements were completely telegraphed, that's just the nature of of cinema now.

Peter Parker begging for his life is probably going to fuck up some kids' worlds though.

Worst part of this movie is that IW2 is a little more predictable now. Adam Warlock, teased Guardians 1 and 2, will join the original Avengers (who all just happened to survive the coin flip) and Captain Marvel to defeat Thanos. Warlock at some point in that film will raise the fallen heroes, since it is one of his core powers and all.

Incredibly well done for the expectations. The deaths...fuck I was not ready for the deaths. Killing Black Panther and Spiderman so soon after massive solo films was a master stroke. Risky as fuck but really the only move that would have truly stunned an audience the way it did.

Though some elements were completely telegraphed, that's just the nature of of cinema now.

Peter Parker begging for his life is probably going to fuck up some kids' worlds though.

Worst part of this movie is that IW2 is a little more predictable now. Adam Warlock, teased Guardians 1 and 2, will join the original Avengers (who all just happened to survive the coin flip) and Captain Marvel to defeat Thanos. Warlock at some point in that film will raise the fallen heroes, since it is one of his core powers and all.
The problem with killing Black Panther, Spiderman, and Dr. Strange is that we already know they have sequel movies that take place after IW. They carry absolutely no weight because we know they'll be undone. Killing a handful of the OG Avengers would have been an actual risky move.

I agree with this review summary from Collider, "The movie is packed with fun banter and set pieces, but it's not really about anything, and the ending falls flat."

Definitely better than Last Jedi though because no milking
Milking was one of the best scenes in the movie. Perfectly executes the intention of making the audience experience the discomfort that Luke is subjecting Rey to.

The problem with killing Black Panther, Spiderman, and Dr. Strange is that we already know they have sequel movies that take place after IW. They carry absolutely no weight because we know they'll be undone. Killing a handful of the OG Avengers would have been an actual risky move.

I agree with this review summary from Collider, "The movie is packed with fun banter and set pieces, but it's not really about anything, and the ending falls flat."

Have you seen it yet? My experience in the theater last night was anything but flat.

Have you seen it yet? My experience in the theater last night was anything but flat.
I have not watched it. I read a full plot synopsis. But even reading about the aftermath of "the snap" made me roll my eyes. Given what we know about the MCU, all of those "deaths" are completely meaningless. Sounds like the only real casualties will be Loki, Vision, and Gamora. But even Gamora apparently has a big role in Guardians 3, so they might undo that too.

Have not read the spoilers here, but I think if you go into a movie wanting to hate it, you will probably hate it, and if you go into a movie wanting to love it, you will probably love it.

-bdotling

I have not watched it. I read a full plot synopsis. But even reading about the aftermath of "the snap" made me roll my eyes. Given what we know about the MCU, all of those "deaths" are completely meaningless. Sounds like the only real casualties will be Loki, Vision, and Gamora. But even Gamora apparently has a big role in Guardians 3, so they might undo that too.

Well, you'll probably just have a bout of confirmation bias when you do see the end play out. It was really well done. Tom Holland crushed it.

Have not read the spoilers here, but I think if you go into a movie wanting to hate it, you will probably hate it, and if you go into a movie wanting to love it, you will probably love it.

-bdotling
I don't think this works. I want to love every movie I see. My life is better when that happens. I like it when my life is better.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom