Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

I think all the Duke guys except Giles landed in best case scenarios. Frank will get plenty of chances to play in NO; if he doesn't make it work, he just wasn't good enough. Tatum will get the best coaching possible for him; if he's stupid offensively like he was at Duke for most of the season, he simply won't get playing time. He will learn PnR defense and rotations. Such a fortunate fork in the road result for him. If Kennard can't get playing time in Detroit, he wouldn't have gotten it anywhere. Young team desperate for shooting and with enough defense everywhere else to carry Kennard. Giles will be in prison or homeless in a few years, sad.

I just can't anymore with the hot takes on some other boards about how Frank is in a bad situation because he got picked 31st and not 30th.

I think the Celts should give Amile a shot to make the team. Amir is likely going to leave via free agency and they need someone who can be active on the boards.

ETA: Amile is in the Wolves' summer camp.

I hate white basketball players as much as anyone else, but Doncic appears to be can't-miss as a prospect. This is as close to NBA level competition as it gets outside the NBA and he is way ahead of schedule.

Not going to pay to look at mock drafts. Must be Bagley or Doncic at #1.

1: Luka Doncic (Bulls)
2: Michael Porter (Hawks)
3: Marvin Bagley (Cavs)
4: DeAndre Ayton (Kings)
5: Mo Bamba (Suns)
6: Miles Bridges (Knicks)
7: Robert Williams (Pacers)
8: Collin Sexton (Magic)
9: Jaren Jackson (76ers)
10: Wendell Carter (Mavs)
11: Trevon Duval (Pistons)
12: Bruce Brown Grizzlies)
13: Lonnie Walker (Pelican)
14: Justin Jackson (Hornets)
24: Grayson Allen (Hawks)

----will Gary stay more than 1 year? Seems like he thinks he's a OAD?

Maybe I'm weird, but I look at that list wonder why most of those other guys are going ahead of the #8 through #10 guys. I like Sexton, Jaren Jackson, and Carter as actual guys who can produce in the NBA at their positions. Ayton? Meh. A lot of the others are tweeners who aren't great shooters.

As far as Trent goes, it sounds like he's really expecting to go early. I'd like to think there's a chance he could come back. Our last two sophomore shooting guards were All-Americans, and showed marked improvement from their freshman year.

Wait. There's another Justin Jackson? And the Hornets will pick him because they got confused?

Aw shit, did he pull out of the draft after getting drafted? Fuck, Roy's good.

Re Charlotte, it reminds me of the sports guy making fun of Isaiah Thomas for drafting Renaldo Balkman because he thought it was Rolando Blackman.

Jordan ain't care, he just wants Heels or people who sound like they might be.

Maybe I'm weird, but I look at that list wonder why most of those other guys are going ahead of the #8 through #10 guys. I like Sexton, Jaren Jackson, and Carter as actual guys who can produce in the NBA at their positions. Ayton? Meh. A lot of the others are tweeners who aren't great shooters.

As far as Trent goes, it sounds like he's really expecting to go early. I'd like to think there's a chance he could come back. Our last two sophomore shooting guards were All-Americans, and showed marked improvement from their freshman year.
Interesting. I think Carter is a bit of a tweener, honestly. He's shorter than his listed height, imo. He's too short to be an NBA center and he exists in an era when interior-oriented PFs are not nearly as common or successful. His best hope is to keep improving his jump shot.

I think Ayton could be one of those guys who becomes a monster when he finally gets paid enough to care. Or he could be a total bust.

Interesting. I think Carter is a bit of a tweener, honestly. He's shorter than his listed height, imo. He's too short to be an NBA center and he exists in an era when interior-oriented PFs are not nearly as common or successful. His best hope is to keep improving his jump shot.

I think Ayton could be one of those guys who becomes a monster when he finally gets paid enough to care. Or he could be a total bust.

Sure. he may be more like 6'9" than 6'10. But in an era in which the best lineups for the top teams feature Draymond Green, Al Horford, and either Love or Thompson as the bigs, Wendell's still a center, and a strong one with 7'3" wingspan at that.

If he proves quick enough to effectively hedge on 1/5 screens like Thompson and Green do, he'll be a tremendous asset. I think his rebounding and shot-blocking look like they should translate well, and he's very skilled dribbling, passing, and shooting from 15 feet and in for a guy his size.

I think Carter is a Horford/Millsaps type. Which will be the prototype '5' in the league a few years from now, rather than the '4' they now play. Plus, you gotta figure a dude as smart as he is will pay attention to how he needs to develop more than most. And he plays hard from what I've seen.

IMO, he'll be a steal at 10.

I think he's going to measure at 6'8" with his shoes off. Your point may still stand, and he's likely to be a better rebounder than Horford. So it all depends to me on how quick he proves defensively and how much he can expand his perimeter game.

Yeah, he won't be a star but I think it's almost a guarantee that Carter will have a damn good 15yr career. A 15 and 8 type of stat line for a long time.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom