Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

As people become more aware of how terrible Bagley is defensively, there’s a small but existent possibility that Ayton overtakes him. This is where playing for Coach K helps Bagley, though - NBA folks understand that Bagley’s defensive coaching is about as bad as it gets, so it will get much better with someone competent teaching him.

With the fluke narrative coming on strong, is he a better NBA prospect than Tyus Jones was? Celtics aren’t using a top 5 pick to start a tiny backcourt and take the ball out of Kyrie’s hands.

Just another player to fall behind future top 5 pick Wendell Carter

With the fluke narrative coming on strong, is he a better NBA prospect than Tyus Jones was? Celtics aren’t using a top 5 pick to start a tiny backcourt and take the ball out of Kyrie’s hands.

I'd be really interested to see Young on a different college team that wasn't so reliant on him to score/assist on every bucket.

My crazy predictions:

Carter will have a Horford like career

Trae Young will be a massive flop in the NBA compared to where he's drafted.

Can someone post the notable's listed in the most recent ESPN Mock? Apparently Allen, Duval, and Trent are all not listed in the first round. Should Duval be forced to return, the staff should have next year's squad PRIMED to run.

Can someone post the notable's listed in the most recent ESPN Mock? Apparently Allen, Duval, and Trent are all not listed in the first round. Should Duval be forced to return, the staff should have next year's squad PRIMED to run.

Top 10:

1. Doncic
2. Ayton
3. Bamba
4. Jackson
5. Bagley III
6. Porter Jr.
7. Young
8. Carter Jr.
9. Sexton
10. Mik. Bridges

In a world that doesn't exist, Duval would be a great backup point guard for a few minutes in big games, and a decent emergency option in case Jones gets injured.

In this terrible Duval world, he's just going to cause chemistry problems and be terrible on the court. The staff will likely encourage him to transfer if he doesn't go pro, which I think he will regardless of what league is willing to pay him.

I just don't see how Duval and/or Trent return.

I would love for Trent to return, but not sure exactly what Duval would add. No way he gets minutes over Stones. Just not even sure the minutes are there.

Top 10:

1. Doncic
2. Ayton
3. Bamba
4. Jackson
5. Bagley III
6. Porter Jr.
7. Young
8. Carter Jr.
9. Sexton
10. Mik. Bridges

11. Mil. Bridges
12. Knox
13. Robert Williams
14. Lonnie Walker
15. Daniel Gafford
16. Dzanan Musa
17. Troy Brown
18. Chandler Hutchison
19. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
20. Anfernee Simons
21. Khyri Thomas
22. Aaron Holiday
23. Bruce Brown
24. Melvin Frazier
25. Keita Bates-Diop
26. Mitchell Robinson
27. De'Anthony Melton
28. Shake Milton
29. Landry Shamet
30. Chimezie Metu

I can't imagine what K will do if those two come back. I feel like he'd have to start Duval just so every other school can't negatively recruit about that situation. Which means Zion would probably be moved to the starting 5 which sucks.

But I don't think any of this happens. I think Duval and Trent leave, Bolden comes back and we land EJ.

Tre, Barrett and Cam get 30+ minutes
Zion, Bolden, DeL get 20+ minutes(Zion gets the most)
AOC and EJ get what's left, probably 15-20 for AOC, 10-15 for EJ.

Solid 8 man rotation.

Because I don't think he's a good defender and we'd have zero rim protection. Bolden/DeL next year should be really good defenders. Maybe the best defensive 5 rotation we've had since 2010.

I want Tre, Cam, Barrett, Zion, Bolden.

If Trent comes back then he starts and I have zero clue who goes to the bench.

Because I don't think he's a good defender and we'd have zero rim protection. Bolden/DeL next year should be really good defenders. Maybe the best defensive 5 rotation we've had since 2010.

Tre
Trent
Cam
Barrett
Zion

Bolden, Javin, AOC, EJ

White, Goldwire, Vrank, and J-Rob as the vet cheerleaders.

9 is enough.

Pretty obvious it would be Bolden off the bench.

I actually think Zion would be a better defender at the 5 than the 4. Obviously he wouldn't be as good as Bolden, but the only defense I've seen Zion play was at the rim. I'd also argue that if he is going to be horrible either way, you might as well take the offensive boost you would get with him at the 5 over Bolden.

I actually think Zion would be a better defender at the 5 than the 4. Obviously he wouldn't be as good as Bolden, but the only defense I've seen Zion play was at the rim. I'd also argue that if he is going to be horrible either way, you might as well take the offensive boost you would get with him at the 5 over Bolden.

Agree 1,000% with this. Have seen many Zion games now and he is best suited for defense at the 5. He's only interested in blocking shots and highlight steals that lead to dunks.

Zion would only be in shape for about 20min/g anyway, so you still need Bolden for the other 20.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom