Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Does Lebron stick around after this season now? That Nets pick could potentially be flipped for another stud player since they'll be in major win-now mode with that old ass roster. I guess the issue would be paying that player.

Does Lebron stick around after this season now? That Nets pick could potentially be flipped for another stud player since they'll be in major win-now mode with that old ass roster. I guess the issue would be paying that player.

Who could they realistically get with that pick? Also, I know absolutely nothing about Zizic. Will he play? Can he defend the rim?

I forgot how ass Orlando and Atlanta will be. So the Nets could conceivably finish anywhere between last and like... 6th from last? Probably in the middle of that range.

Looking forward to Simmons podcasts this week. He was one of the guys who stuck up the most for Kyrie in the past few weeks, even as an IT/Celtics homer. Now he will go 100% into bashing IT's value and praising Kyrie.

Who could they realistically get with that pick? Also, I know absolutely nothing about Zizic. Will he play? Can he defend the rim?
I don't know anything either. I know Celtics fans are pretty split on him.

So many options for the Cavs, with much better timelines. If Bagley or Porter look like absolute can't miss studs, they'll already know by next draft. Will likely already know by then if LeBron will recommit to a deal, meaning if he bolts they can avoid paying IT as well. I almost think it's better for Cleveland if the top two picks look like sure things, and they can maybe trade for a disgruntled AD. They could actually legit go toe to toe with GS who by that time will probably have to think about moving Klay.

This provides a good opportunity for K and Brad Stevens to swap jobs after the 2017-18 season, I'll hang up and listen.

It will be nice for Kyrie not to have a shit for brains coach as a professional for the first time, too.

Yeah, I think we're gonna see Kyrie's potential truly unleashed w/ Stevens coaching him.

Yup, no "what if?" wondering what he could have been with someone who isn't Mike Brown, Byron Scott, or Tyronn Lue responsible for him.

Did you register on the CelticsBlog forum yet? :grinning:

My biggest worry with this is that since Celtics fans are so unhappy with this trade Kyrie is going to be the whipping boy/scapegoat whenever anything goes wrong.

My biggest worry with this is that since Celtics fans are so unhappy with this trade Kyrie is going to be the whipping boy/scapegoat whenever anything goes wrong.

I thought about that too, and it won't help if Porter or Bagley look like actual generational talents.

But I checked CelticsBlog out and they are actually being kinda reasonable about it. They think that there was 0% chance that Ainge was going to give IT a max or w/e and would let him walk, so that it was more like the BKN pick for Kyrie. There are still quite a few posters who think it was an overpay, but they aren't burning down the place like I thought they would be. The people having the biggest shitfit are actually non celtics fans on places like RealGM who thought "kyrie and IT are even WTF"

I thought about that too, and it won't help if Porter or Bagley look like actual generational talents.

But I checked CelticsBlog out and they are actually being kinda reasonable about it. They think that there was 0% chance that Ainge was going to give IT a max or w/e and would let him walk, so that it was more like the BKN pick for Kyrie. There are still quite a few posters who think it was an overpay, but they aren't burning down the place like I thought they would be. The people having the biggest shitfit are actually non celtics fans on places like RealGM who thought "kyrie and IT are even WTF"
Yeah, I've been reading RealGM where the reaction is pretty much "fire Ainge."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom