Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I like the Celtics' bench. A lot.

Can't remember a top-4 team having a bench rotation of young, high-effort guys like this since the Webber-era Kings had the Bench Mob (Bobby Jackson, Jon Barry, Gerald Wallace, etc.).

They need another reserve big man, IMO.

I like the Celtics' bench. A lot.

Can't remember a top-4 team having a bench rotation of young, high-effort guys like this since the Webber-era Kings had the Bench Mob (Bobby Jackson, Jon Barry, Gerald Wallace, etc.).

They need another reserve big man, IMO.

That may be true. I kind of wonder if Yabusele, who was their first-round draft pick in 2016 (#16), may not end up playing more center for them than PF. He's certainly got the bulk for it -- he's 6'8", 265, with a 7'0" wingspan.

Yeah, lack of size will be the Celtics' biggest problem going forward. They'll be a lot like a Coach K team -- efficient offense but no rim protection or rebounding.

Yeah, you're right. With all the young talented forwards on the roster, they probably would have been better off getting a rim protecting 4/5 rather than Marcus Morris (who adds needed veteran experience but not defense or rebounding), in the Bradley trade.

I like Okafor on the Celtics. I'd offer their late 1st round pick for him and I would think Philly would take it. It'll be pretty wild if Boston can get Bagley or Porter in the draft.

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
Bagley/Porter
Horford

Size, speed, shooting, etc.

Okafor really is a decent fit for the Celtics, as a 2nd unit possessions eater surrounded by defensive perimeter guys. They wouldn't need to give up much more than 1-2 2nd round picks and some young players we've never heard of.

I have a feeling Tatum won't need to do much of anything this season to compare favorably with Fultz. Unfortunately, Josh Jackson has shot well in his small sample size preseason so far.

There is no need for Boston to trade anything of significance for Okafor. They're going to be able to draft a good big in the top 5. If you assume that Porter Jr-Bagley-Doncic (in no order) are top 3, than that leaves Ayton, Bamba, Wendell Carter Jr and Robert Williams still available.

Celtics getting Doncic would position them to be the next dynasty after the Warriors fade or break apart. Celtics should be coming into their prime ages when the Warriors age out or simply cost too much.

I have a feeling Tatum won't need to do much of anything this season to compare favorably with Fultz. Unfortunately, Josh Jackson has shot well in his small sample size preseason so far.

I feel like the ROY race could transpire wholly absent of the top 8 picks in the 2017 draft. The top three rookies this season, stat-wise, could easily end up being Ben Simmons (#1 in '16), Dennis Smith (#9), and Kyle Kuzma (#27).

Last edited:
I think there are other teams that should trade for Okafor. But not the Celtics. With Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford, they have enough high-usage guys who are at best breakeven on defense. They need someone who's basically bizarro Okafor -- mainly contributes on defense, and can rebound and finish efficiently in like 12-15% usage.

Stevens undoubetdly knows this, which is why they signed Baynes -- second in defensive rating among centers who played more than 30 games. But they could use another one, especially if Baynes's knee sprain from last night is serious.

From the little I've seen of Fultz...he does not look that good. Tatum, Fox and Smith have the best careers IMO.

I feel like the ROY race could transpire wholly absent of the top 8 picks in the 2017 draft. The top three rookies this season, stat-wise, could easily end up being Ben Simmons (#1 in '16), Dennis Smith (#9), and Kyle Kuzma (#27).

I think Kuzma is being way overhyped from summer league and preseason

It's certainly possible, but no one has performed better over the combination of summer league and pre-season. That's more than just one hot streak.

Oh, they're lousy. I mean, I love Ingram's demeanor, thoughtfulness, and potential, but the motherfucker can't hit a shot to save his life right now. Plus, they're going to be starting Lonzo Ball at the point, against actual NBA players.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom