Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

First time I've seen Kyrie be overtly selfish this year. Couple of poor crunch time threes outside the offense. I hope Stevens benches his ass for a few games to get rid of that nonsense.

Tatum is so fucking good though. He's a legit potential HOFer.

Celtics fans really don't deserve Kyrie. I kind of wish he was in Milwaukee or New York or elsewhere. They'll get on their knees and make any excuse in the world for Horford, or Smart/Brown, but when Kyrie runs out of gas after nearly dragging them to finish line in a game in which Horford is getting his pussy dominated, he gets pushback for his "selfish threes at the end".

Thinking about joining a Celtics forum just to lay the smackdown on those idiots whenever it happens.

Also if Tatum (who is getting no respect at all from officials b/c of his rookie status i believe) doesn't get more shots in EVERY game than Smart/Rozier from now on, Stevens can DIAF

Celtics fans really don't deserve Kyrie. I kind of wish he was in Milwaukee or New York or elsewhere. They'll get on their knees and make any excuse in the world for Horford, or Smart/Brown, but when Kyrie runs out of gas after nearly dragging them to finish line in a game in which Horford is getting his pussy dominated, he gets pushback for his "selfish threes at the end".

Two of the shots at the end were awful. They weren't in transition, he didn't make a single pass, and they were from 5' behind the line. No need for that shit. He can get those without even trying. He's better, and the Celtics are awesome, because they move the ball and get great shots unlike that iso crap that is played in Cleveland.

That being said, there is no defense possible for how bad Smart was in the 4th, and for how little Tatum is utilized offensively. I don't think I've seen Kyrie and Jayson play a 2-man game a single time this season. I have no idea how that could be defended.

The thing is he's made those shots at the end of games plenty of times. And iso was all that was working, since he kicked out to open shooters plenty of times in the 4th and they just bricked.

Regardless, I think the point is that even if you want to question his shot selection, he shouldn't get the blame for this loss. First of all, it was a one-possession loss to one of the best teams in the league. Second, it was Kyrie who kept them in it all game. Horford was a steaming sack of shit. So was Morris. So was Smart. And yet he'll get all the blame because he's their best player, which Celtic fans obviously know given how critical they are of him, even if they can't admit it.

Question, though: is Kyrie better than he was in Cleveland? Your post mentioned that, but I'm not sure that's not a media-constructed narrative. He's better at defense, though still terrible at pick-and-roll coverage. He's not assisting more. His three-point percentage is not as high as last year. He is shooting a career-best overall field goal percentage, true. Just not sure if that plus the defense makes him enough "better" that we should even be talking about it.

I guess from an offensive statistic standpoint it isn't totally clear, but from the dreaded eyeball test, I'd say yes. He is also moving the ball so much better than I've ever seen, and though it isn't translating directly into higher assist totals, I do think that if they kept hockey assists, that number would be way up for KI.

That said, going by raw statistics, his numbers are trending towards obscenely good in the last dozen games or so. I don't think he needed to 'figure out' the new offense, but it looks like he is increasingly comfortable in it, and is using it better as he goes along.

I am watching the TWolves again. It is amazing how poor their off ball movement is. Did the Bulls teams Thibs coached have 4 guys just standing and watching?

Thibs's offenses have always been ugly. They are actually way better on offense than defense though this year, last I checked.

I guess from an offensive statistic standpoint it isn't totally clear, but from the dreaded eyeball test, I'd say yes. He is also moving the ball so much better than I've ever seen, and though it isn't translating directly into higher assist totals, I do think that if they kept hockey assists, that number would be way up for KI.

That said, going by raw statistics, his numbers are trending towards obscenely good in the last dozen games or so. I don't think he needed to 'figure out' the new offense, but it looks like he is increasingly comfortable in it, and is using it better as he goes along.
Was looking into it a bit more. Not only is his defensive bpm trending more poorly as time goes on, but on the offensive side his assists have been decreasing month by month. Not sure I can buy an eye test which says he is moving the ball better when he is averaging three assists this month.

You are right that his offense has been unreal lately. He is approaching 50/40/90 on high volume.

No doubt his defense was unsustainable. The assist trend also seems likely given the increased number, and success, of times he is obviously shooting. But just watching him play, I still think he is far less of a ball-stopper than in Cleveland. That's why those final two long threes the other night were so bothersome. No one on earth can keep Kyrie from getting an open look from 27', so why not run the offense, get the defense rotating and get an even better shot - like a Tatum wide open three. Smart had fouled out, so there was no danger of him wrecking the possessions, which would have been a legit reason to shoot without passing.

The Rockets appear to be a real threat to the Warriors this season. Assuming the Warriors are half-assing or totally assing a lot of quarters, halves and entire games this season, the Rockets still need one more major piece to take up Ryan Anderson's cap space instead of Ryan Anderson. He's having a good season, but 0.5 VORP for $20 million hurts. Chris Paul being out for the Rockets for a lot of games also skews the numbers, but I don't think it does enough to balance out the Warriors apathy toward the regular season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom