Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I'm only boxscore watching but it looks like Al Shitford had a 3-11 6pt, 3 assist, 4 rebound outing today as a starter while Anthony Davis prison raped him to the tune of 34 points and 11 boards. Is this right?

Totally the real Celtics MVP though. Oh wait, those posters have moved on to Smart's camp

Part of me wants the Warriors to show they had plenty of extra gears in reserve all season and were holding back - the part that roots for historical greatness and Quinn Cook. Another part wants these West teams or the Raptors to figure them out and break them, at full health.

“In my mind, if I was the focal point of a team, we would be top-four, top-five [in the League],” Beasley says. “Not to say I’m better or worse than anybody else, but just kinda to say that I’m a lot better than a lot of people. Not in a negative way,” he says, laughing. “I don’t disrespect anybody’s game. But at the same time, I want respect for mine.”

From an interview I found online yesterday with Michael Beasley (the best player I've ever seen live)

Is Michael Beasley correct? I've always wondered why a guy that skilled isn't getting more usage. I'm not saying that the Knicks or whoever would be top 5 in the league, but if they ran the offense through him, you'd have to figure significant improvement in W/L record.

What is he missing? What am I missing?

Quinn Cook may be playing himself on to the playoff roster for the Warriors. Has 24 points tonight after 25 points last night.

I think it would be stupid for them to leave him off, in case Curry were to get hurt. They're low on primary ball-handlers, even though obviously guys like Iguodala and Durant can do that in a pinch.

It would look like it comes down to Quinn, Jordan Bell, Patrick McCaw, and Kevon Looney for the last 3 spots. Quinn is the 7th-leading scorer on the team, by average. None of the other guys are in the top 11.

McCaw and Bell will both make it 100%. It's really Looney, Quinn or Casspi for the last spot. If Casspi went back to actually shooting 3s, he'd probably be a lock to make it but alas he seems hellbent on not shooting them.

But honestly this injury stuff has been crazy. Draymond got hurt again tonight so missing all 4 all stars. Quinn is again playing the best of everyone on the team for the third straight game. The playoff roster may just come down to who is and isn't injured and what their contract status is for the following season.

McCaw and Bell will both make it 100%. It's really Looney, Quinn or Casspi for the last spot. If Casspi went back to actually shooting 3s, he'd probably be a lock to make it but alas he seems hellbent on not shooting them.

But honestly this injury stuff has been crazy. Draymond got hurt again tonight so missing all 4 all stars. Quinn is again playing the best of everyone on the team for the third straight game. The playoff roster may just come down to who is and isn't injured and what their contract status is for the following season.

The question becomes if it's worth it for them to waive Casspi or Looney to offer Quinn a guaranteed deal, which is what they'd have to do. I imagine it's not pricey; neither is under contract beyond this year, and they will have been paid most/all of their salary for this year, right? The players don't really get paid for playoff games.

Plus they can sign Quinn to a potentially cheaper multiyear deal right now, whereas he would be UFA this summer otherwise, at which point another team might take a chance on him at a higher price if he continues playing well.

Also, I wanted to make a Semi Ojeleye / Full-On Ojeleye joke, but I got scared I was jml-ing the Celtics bench.

We can only hope. I hate most of the Cavs but would hate to see GS win. If he's truly done and Kyrie comes back I'd rank the favorites as:

1-Houston
2-Cleveland
3-Boston
4-GS

I would've preferred to see if the Rockets could pull it off with home court and both teams at full strength. Now, if Curry is done and Rockets ball works, it will have an asterisk. This isn't the worst alternative for Duke fans, though. I'll be rooting hard for starting point guard Quinn Cook and his Warriors to upset the Rockets and Raptors/Cavs.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back