Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

You guys see the liveleak stuff about Vegas? Really tough to watch. A guy walking around helping people during the aftermath is wearing a go pro or something. Shows a few dead people and others that are still alive. The one that hit me is a close up of a really young girl, maybe low 20's and her face is covered in blood and she definitely lost her life. It's as infuriating as it is sad. These people went to have a good time with their parents, kids, siblings, friends, spouses and lost their life or had their body ripped apart by bullets because of some psychopath little dick gun obsessed freak. Really feel for these families and it's stuff like this that has always made me want to be a Trooper. To run into that stuff when people need help.

It also hates me hate Pubs and gun freaks even more than I do. I thought Sandyhook would bring about some major changes, since, ya know, elementary school kids were brutally murdered. But of course, nothing happened. Now I have the same feeling. If 58 people were brutally murdered by a gun that shouldn't be legal doesn't bring about some change, nothing will. I mean, I know nothing will happen as long as Trump is in but I'm hoping the winning dem in 20 will do something.

I really don't know who my favorite is. I like Sherrod Brown a lot, as well as Seth Moulton although I fear he's not a big enough name yet. I'd like to see Joe Kennedy III run for Governor or something, I think he'd be a good fit down the road. I like Warren and I like Bernie but Bernie will be too old and I don't think Warren can win a national election. I love Biden but he's old too.

I'd really like Brown with Moulton or Warren.
Or Biden with Brown or Moulton.

I hate to say this but as racist and sexist as this country is, I think the Dem's need to put out a middle aged white dude. Let that candidate "bring people together" and then hopefully we can see a woman win or an african american win again. But in 2020, I don't think its possible.

Gun lovers who I know are making me less than happy. I'm hearing every tired old saw today:

He could have done just as much damage with gasoline and a match

If they take away my guns, how will I defend my family when an armed criminal breaks in my house?

(Some random, unconfirmed statistics that somehow blame Obama)

(Some other "I heard somewhere" statistics showing Country X had a LOT more violent crimes after they banned guns)

They make me want to get a gun so I can demonstrate how wrong they are

The main argument I'm tired of hearing is "well criminals break laws, so it's not like they are going to follow the gun laws! lol stupid liberals!!!" As if every person who commits a crime with a gun initially got the gun with the intention of using it for a crime. But really, if that's your argument, is the only option just to do nothing then? To not even try to improve the situation? Give everyone guns so we can all be prepared to shoot it out!

And one gun isn't enough, evidently you need at least five or six.

I would be okay with anyone having a gun for home protection (preferably limited to shotguns) IF:

They completed a gun safety and responsibility class equivalent to the drivers' ed classes required in most states to get a drivers' license
They pass a psychological evaluation test that currently doesn't exist
They are required to carry gun owner insurance
After all that, they are awarded with a gun owner license
They go back every 3-4 years to be reevaluated in order to renew their license
If you're found with a gun while intoxicated, the penalties should be the same or worse than if you're caught driving drunk
If you accidentally shoot someone, the penalties should be the same or worse than if you killed or injured someone while driving

In other words, owning a gun should, at minimum, have the same requirements and penalties as driving an automobile. Both can be deadly, both should require special training.

I don't believe any of the above will ever happen.

I want some kind of technology that only allows the so-called "home protection gun" to only be used in that home. You try to carry it out and about with you, and it ceases to function as anything but a club.

I want some kind of technology that only allows the so-called "home protection gun" to only be used in that home. You try to carry it out and about with you, and it ceases to function as anything but a club.
Could probably be developed in a few days. That kind of tech is everywhere.

I see both sides. I admire the alpha male Hellbent on liberty mindset unique to America, but I am really sick of the mass shootings and being afraid to go to my local movie theater or concert. It really sucks.

I see both sides. I admire the alpha male Hellbent on liberty mindset unique to America, but I am really sick of the mass shootings and being afraid to go to my local movie theater or concert. It really sucks.

I'm not sure how you get "alpha male" out of someone who is so fearful and paranoid they believe they need to carry a gun with them everywhere they go.

I'm not sure how you get "alpha male" out of someone who is so fearful and paranoid they believe they need to carry a gun with them everywhere they go.
True. Fucking betas.

Right. Crying Nazi is a great example. What a pussy, beta, cuck-snowflake. They are the true internet tough guys that fold when confronted.

Also, people scared to go to a movie theater are pansies, unless it's the movie theater that CHS works at. Then, it's understandable.

There's going to be metal detectors everywhere. Congress won't do anything to piss off the NRA, so people will just get wanded when they go to the movies or Waffle House. They already do it at night clubs.

Right. Crying Nazi is a great example. What a pussy, beta, cuck-snowflake. They are the true internet tough guys that fold when confronted.

Also, people scared to go to a movie theater are pansies, unless it's the movie theater that CHS works at. Then, it's understandable.

I don't work at the movie theater anymore. That was a good job though. I worked at a dine-in theater so I was able to listen to music with headphones in the kitchen while controlling my station filling up cups of soda and milk. Lots of fun and easy.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom