Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...awg_judge_says_he_asked_for_a_lawyer_dog.html

When Warren Demesme realized that the cops suspected him of child rape, he told them, per the trial court transcript, “I know that I didn’t do it, so why don’t you just give me a lawyer dog ‘cause this is not what’s up.” The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that when a suspect asks for an attorney, the interrogation must end and a lawyer must be provided. But the police disregarded Demesme’s request, and the trial court ruled that the statements he subsequently made can be used to convict him.

Demesme appealed, arguing that his Fifth and Sixth Amendment right to counsel had been violated. A state appeals court held that they were not, and now the state Supreme Court has declined to review that judgment, with only Justice Jefferson Hughes III voting to take Demesme’s appeal. Justice Scott Crichton penned a brief opinion concurring in the court’s decision not to hear the case. He wrote, apparently in absolute seriousness, that “the defendant’s ambiguous and equivocal reference to a ‘lawyer dog’ does not constitute an invocation of counsel that warrants termination of the interview.

Fortunately a state appellate judge does not have final say on US Constitutional matters. But that's hilarious.

At some point, we are just going to let women have a chance to run things.

You mean, like, the dishwasher, the vacuum, the lawnmower?
Lawnmower? Don't get carried away.

It's important that we allow them opportunities to grow, which is achieved through additional responsibilities.

At some point, we are just going to let women have a chance to run things.
That’s dumb. That’s a dumb idea. Women are dumb.

I bigger issue with Spacey is that he came out in the same statement, which can been seen as trying to garner sympathy.

Wait, he came out? How did I miss that?
Yeah he basically found the one time you should not come out. He actually decided coming out was the best thing to do while responding to molestation charges.

Preliminary reports have 27 dead and 24 injured at a mass shooting at a baptist church in Texas.

:(

Motherfucker

This makes me so sick! Have there been other big church shootings between Charleston and this one?

I hate this country sometimes. What kind of person are you to value your right to own a weapon over another person's life?

I'm seeing so many comments on this saying shit like, church was the only place I didn't cc. That's got to change.
As long as people believe that, and and the NRA encourages it, things will not get any better.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom