Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL Pick 'em 2017

Congratulations @ZackM for winning week 2, and for the cash bonus that comes with it. You are 0.5 wins away from getting the first autobid.

Worst score of the week goes to @aiw and @rhfarmer for going 5 for 15.

Notable boners this week include @sivartrenrag missing out on the bonus by one game, and @Inveigle losing a point for betting on both outcomes in the zona/indy game.

Rule changes going forward:

From here on out, the bonus will be reduced to +1; I don't want to kill anyone's chances too badly of missing the at large bids cause they missed 1-2 weeks.

You can qualify for the bonus by picking at least half the games on the schedule that week.

Congratulations @ZackM for winning week 2, and for the cash bonus that comes with it. You are 0.5 wins away from getting the first autobid.

Worst score of the week goes to @aiw and @rhfarmer for going 5 for 15.

Notable boners this week include @sivartrenrag missing out on the bonus by one game, and @Inveigle losing a point for betting on both outcomes in the zona/indy game.

Sorry, but my Father passed away so I have a pretty good excuse.

From here on out, the bonus will be reduced to +1; I don't want to kill anyone's chances too badly of missing the at large bids cause they missed 1-2 weeks.

You can qualify for the bonus by picking at least half the games on the schedule that week.

One very late suggestion. I think there should also be a large cash bonus for the "regular season champion" (i.e. whoever finishes first after Week 14) and then maybe something else for the 2nd place poster too. Maybe $5,000/$2,000 or something. Apologies if I missed this- haven't read each post in this thread.

While I understand the reasoning for creating a tournament (to continue to maintain interest late in the season when someone is way ahead), I feel like it would suck for someone to win by a lot - maybe Zack this year- and then put up a 4-11 in Week 15 and get knocked out. I would've been a little annoyed had it happened to me in one of those past years that I was ahead (had to slip that in).

Congratulations to @StopThePumpFakesShav who won week 3 with his 10 correct picks, and for the $500 reward that comes with it.

Worst score of the week is a four way tie between @aiw @AxeS24 @CK86 @rharmer for going 4 for 15 on picks.

Notable boners include @rhfarmer missing on his first ten picks in a row. Though he did salvage it somewhat with the PM games.

I will update standings and get week 4 up later today or early tomorrow.

One very late suggestion. I think there should also be a large cash bonus for the "regular season champion" (i.e. whoever finishes first after Week 14) and then maybe something else for the 2nd place poster too. Maybe $5,000/$2,000 or something. Apologies if I missed this- haven't read each post in this thread.

While I understand the reasoning for creating a tournament (to continue to maintain interest late in the season when someone is way ahead), I feel like it would suck for someone to win by a lot - maybe Zack this year- and then put up a 4-11 in Week 15 and get knocked out. I would've been a little annoyed had it happened to me in one of those past years that I was ahead (had to slip that in).

I was thinking that at the end of the reg. season everyone should be awarded their final running score * $100. That way the reg season winner gets the most, but everyone also gets a little participation $$$ too, even if it's probably only a few hundred at most. I'll let @ZackM weigh in, though this is the plan I heavily endorse right now.

I'm also thinking of adding point penalties starting in week 7 or 8 for those currently in the tournament field at that time to prevent people from sitting on leads. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
I can't believe how badly I've been doing.

I would be good with a point * 100 award

I was thinking that at the end of the reg. season everyone should be awarded their final running score * $100. That way the reg season winner gets the most, but everyone also gets a little participation $$$ too, even if it's probably only a few hundred at most. I'll let @ZackM weigh in, though this is the plan I heavily endorse right now.

I'm also thinking of adding point penalties starting in week 7 or 8 for those currently in the tournament field at that time to prevent people from sitting on leads. Stay tuned.

Sounds good to me. Assume if you have a negative running score, you would not lose cash? Now that the weekly participation bonuses are only +1, certainly possible/likely.

I always adjust the running score so any negative scores are set to 0 each week.

Shouldn't SM only have .5 wins?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom