Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Hurney made full time GM after farce of a "search" for new GM.

Hard for me to care when he's gone after the team sale anyways.

Never liked Hurney as a GM and it never made sense for the Panthers to look for or hire a new GM before a new owner was found. Only hope for the Panthers organization now is that the new owner gives the Hurney the pink slip once the team is bought.

New potential owner is basically the opposite of JR in every way: Jewish Wall-Street bigwig with businessman tendencies who doesn't sound like he puts up with incompetence just cause it's family.

This was my favorite anecdote:

UnevenUnlinedDingo-max-1mb.gif

Chiefs trading Marcus Peters to the Rams. My old boss is legit irate at the trade.

He really fell off a cliff this year. I felt bad when BoA started booing him after his 2nd fumble in the Atlanta game.

He was the reason we lost the Philly game. Who the hell knows how the season plays out if we win that and finish with a top 2 seed.

He really fell off a cliff this year. I felt bad when BoA started booing him after his 2nd fumble in the Atlanta game.

He was the reason we lost the Philly game. Who the hell knows how the season plays out if we win that and finish with a top 2 seed.

I was at that ATL game. That was a depressing moment.

Kurt Coleman signed a 3-year deal with the saints. I guess he'll ended up being their Ted Ginn on defense

I don't think a responsible franchise can take any RB with a top 3 pick. Even if there's a 100% chance he's Barry Sanders combined with Marshall Faulk combined with LaDainian Tomlinson combined with Adrian Peterson, and there's only a 25% chance the QB they would pick is a career top 5-10 guy in the league, I think there's more value in the QB.

I don't think a responsible franchise can take any RB with a top 3 pick. Even if there's a 100% chance he's Barry Sanders combined with Marshall Faulk combined with LaDainian Tomlinson combined with Adrian Peterson, and there's only a 25% chance the QB they would pick is a career top 5-10 guy in the league, I think there's more value in the QB.

Is there a huge gap between Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen in raw talent, though? If there's not, I'd take the generational RB and whichever of the 4 I could get. I do like Allen the best, for whatever it's worth (nothing)

I feel disgusted that I am agreeing with a franchise like the Browns and will probably regret it.

Late on this, but I think Tepper buying the Panthers would be very good for Panthers fans and the NFL. One more good ol boy geezer (Richardson) with no mind for the future of the business being replaced by a captain of industry.

Brian France (head of NASCAR) was rumored a while back and that would have been a catastrophe.

Is Barkley at his projected ceiling ever going to be worth more than 1, maybe 1.5 points on an NFL line? And this article gives the impression that even generational non-QB players, that's about the max you can expect: https://www.sportsinsights.com/blog/2017-nfl-player-point-spread-values/

Meanwhile even mid tier franchise QBs are moving the line 4-5 points.

Don't overthink this if you're the browns. If you don't think a QB has separated himself among the top 4, then trade down from #1.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back