Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

(Only for today) - It's all about the U!!!

DrKlahn said:
But does it really help recruiting to go to a game where you get spanked by a "real" program? It seems counterproductive in a way-it reinforces that we are a long way off whereas beating Rutgers in the 1-877-KARS4KIDS Bowl gives the program a sense of potential.

Maybe if we aren't able to compete even a little bit, but I think being able to tell recruits that you're "playing for ACC championships" and need them to "put you over the top" is a huge selling point. I don't think they're quite as concerned with single-game results as we are.

BTW, these background crowd shots are what Cameron looked like tonight.

Pantone287 said:
DrKlahn said:
But does it really help recruiting to go to a game where you get spanked by a "real" program? It seems counterproductive in a way-it reinforces that we are a long way off whereas beating Rutgers in the 1-877-KARS4KIDS Bowl gives the program a sense of potential.

Maybe if we aren't able to compete even a little bit, but I think being able to tell recruits that you're "playing for ACC championships" and need them to "put you over the top" is a huge selling point. I don't think they're quite as concerned with single-game results as we are.

BTW, these background crowd shots are what Cameron looked like tonight.

+Hi5

Just getting to a bowl game is key in recruiting. Getting to an ACC Championship game would be even better, no matter the final outcome. Recruits will see that, yeah we are getting NOTICEABLY better. That they aren't going to show up and have to suffer through winless seasons. That they have a shot at a championship game and a BCS bowl.

I think they can compete with FSU with the right game plan. They cannot win playing the Matt Doherty at Cameron way, but they can stay competitive that way. Runs, short passes, punts, prevent defense with huge cushions by the DBs... should get them within 20 of FSU in the end. 35-17 doesn't look that bad. Clemson takes a dump like that every season.

WVU put up 70 against Clemson last year in a New Years Day bowl, and no one even remembers it. Case in point: When I was 18, I was invited by the SID and head coach of my college basketball team to "come practice with the team". They were 4-23 the year before. I was flattered, but never even seriously considered it. I didn't want to suck. No one wants to suck.

If Duke can get to ACC championship games and Bowl games, even if they are crap bowl games, it would be enormous for the program. I sincerely hope we beat Miami and GaTech and don't back into a bowl at 6-6. A winning record would mark a paradigm change in the program.

lol

That doesn't actually change our situation though, does it? Finish 1-2 and VT still wins the tiebreaker.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom