Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

Jeff Flake won't run for re-election, blasts Trump and his minions on the Senate floor.

McConnell praises him as a "man of high principles". Coming from McConnell, that is so meaningful, it resonates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrsten_Sinema

This is one of the Democrats running for Flake's seat. She's currently representative. And she's bisexual.

Sinema.jpg

Honestly, fuck Flake. He was getting primaried from the right and was going to lose to some lunatic. Instead of using his office to actually govern according to his "principals", he took his ball and went home.

True, but it's bound to make Trump fly off the hook, so we got that.

And his sidekick, too!

In the middle of the night, Vice President and Kochhead Mike Pence voted to rescind a CFPB regulation that protected consumers. In typical Orwellian fashion, he tweeted this just after breaking the tie in the Senate:

Yes, that's Mike Pence "proud" that he cast a vote to lock ordinary people out of the courtroom and force them into arbitration with big banks, a move that neither protects consumers nor community banks.

It does, however, help out the Wells Fargos of the world, right alongside the Equifax shareholders while screwing all of those people who voted for Donald Trump, as Stephanie Ruhle explains.

"Let's say you've got an issue with a big company. Legal action is your main way to fight back against these big companies. But these clauses force you into private arbitration preventing people from pooling their resources into class action lawsuits."

The CFPB studied this phenomenon and opened the door via regulation for consumers to go ahead and file class action lawsuits against banks and other financial institutions which cause consumers to lose money or opportunities or take their homes from them with phony paperwork or drag their feet on mortgage refinancing until interest rates rise. All the things the Bank of Americas and Wells Fargo Banks do routinely, not to mention the investment bankers who caused the Great Recession and should have been sued out of existence if they couldn't be put in jail.

Trump blames the media for making him seem "uncivil". Evidently they accomplish that by videoing and printing what he says and does. They should stop that, it's not fair and plus, it's fake news.

To the entire world "I'll never do this, but I might pretend that I would do this for purposes of negotiation. But I would certainly never do this."

The Art of the Deal indeed.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom