Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

The lack of shitty war-mongering neocons from the Bush era in Trump's cabinet had been a positive of the administration, such as it was. Enter Bolton. Screw the guy.

Yes. This combination will lead to a very dark time for humanity.

We got some good skyscrapers tho

Mathematically, we could have built 600 Freedom Towers instead of going into Iraq, and that's not taking into account the costs of New York City union labor.

Fuck neocons.

How many freedom towers would it take to build a border wall (of freedom towers)? Surprised Trump hasn’t suggested it yet. At least then Americans, minus 9/11 inside job types, would support the patriotic wall.

How many freedom towers would it take to build a border wall (of freedom towers)? Surprised Trump hasn’t suggested it yet. At least then Americans, minus 9/11 inside job types, would support the patriotic wall.

Freedom Tower is not very wide at each side of the base.

The U.S.-Mexican border is 1,954 miles, or 10,317,120 feet.

If we laid the Freedom Tower on its side, at 1,776 feet, it would take 5,809 Freedom Towers. Way too expensive. Cost would be in trillions. My calculator can't even do it.

This is assuming NYC union labor.

Edited: can't find the correct width of base. Will post if I do.

Last edited:

Freedom Tower is 29.9 feet wide at each side of the base.

The U.S.-Mexican border is 1,954 miles, or 10,317,120 feet.

It would take 345,054 Freedom Towers, standing upright. We couldn't afford that.

If we laid the Freedom Tower on its side, at 1,776 feet, it would take 5,809 Freedom Towers. Still way too expensive. Cost would be in trillions. My calculator can't even do it.

This is assuming NYC union labor.
How much of the US-Mexico border is in NYC?

How much of the US-Mexico border is in NYC?

I see what you're getting at. I have no idea how much it would cost to build on the border relative to NYC. Someone with some time on their hands should look up labor costs for bumfuck Arizona and New Mexico. I would guess they're not heavily unionized.

FTR, I am against a border wall unless it is beautiful. Like, if Trump wants some cheap bullshit like the Grand Hyatt on 42nd, he can fuck right off. If he uses gold trim and Indiana limestone, I'd probably like it. Maybe some fantastic Rodinesque sculptures on top of every mile marker. *

* I am kidding.

Just use 40 Ditkas

Well here a fucking moral dilemma - UK sports radio host and well-known Duke hater, Matt Jones, is running against Mitch McConnell for senate next election.

Well here a fucking moral dilemma - UK sports radio host and well-known Duke hater, Matt Jones, is running against Mitch McConnell for senate next election.

Both of those guys are in my top 10 most hated people. I'm a big Dem but I don't know if I could make myself vote for that ass clown Jones. Probably just write someone in.

Both of those guys are in my top 10 most hated people. I'm a big Dem but I don't know if I could make myself vote for that ass clown Jones. Probably just write someone in.

Well, he'd probably stop doing his radio show and posting about Duke on Twitter, so that's a win.

Duke grad Jack Conway ran in 2015 for Gov but was defeated. Buddy of mine in school. The Duke hate was certainly a factor - when he was Attorney General in 2010, he had to fill out his bracket for the tourney and picked UK to win it all and Louisville to beat Duke in the early rounds. We give him piles of shit for his politically expedient rooting interests, but can only blame him so much.

My buddy worked under him and works for Andy now. That was a pretty shocking outcome, we really thought Jack was going to win. I think he made a couple campaign mistakes but still surprising. That should've warned us about Trump.

I’m not too worried about this, but I’ve already accepted that most Americans can’t be stopped from believing everything they see on the channels they choose to watch.

We have a government trying to hurt blue states financially and the rest of the world trying to hurt red states financially. Doesn’t seem great.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom