Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

That would be quite a player if he is more of a playmaker, and becomes a better shooter and defender. Lebron-lite maybe.

Is Barrett as athletic as DeRozan? They are similar size, very scoring orientated, and have trouble with their shot at times.

May not be as athletic as DeRozan. Both really good at finishing at rim. I believe RJ will be a better defender.

JMO - I'm not a big DeRozan fan. However he and RJ have some common traits in their game at this point. I think RJ can turn out to be better, but I have my obvious bias.

Last edited:
Barrett seems to have far more potential as a 3pt shooter (though it's tough to understand why DeRozan has not developed that given his shooting proficiency elsewhere).

Barrett seems to have far more potential as a 3pt shooter (though it's tough to understand why DeRozan has not developed that given his shooting proficiency elsewhere).
rome, a recent article on the ringer discussed this. Basically, DeRozan feels like he can get to the rim at will, so "why settle" for wide open 3's.

During his official visit to UK, R.J Barrett posted a picture of himself in his Canadian jersey captioned "Missing my country rn" and it was liked by Jeff Capel and Nolan Smith, and Cam Reddish, already recruiting, commented "DUKE!"

I haven't checked, but I would imagine Coach K and Capel have the UK fanbase pretty unglued right now.

Decent 1st step and he uses his body well to negotiate through traffic (side step moves, etc).

I don't believe his dad will let him go to UK. Rowan Sr is acutely aware about how little Calipari will develop Barrett's mind for the game. Cal would certainly make him a better defender than K but Barrett is a Kobe prototype so I'd wager they look for a real coach. Oregon and Michigan are more likely than UK.

I don't believe his dad will let him go to UK. Rowan Sr is acutely aware about how little Calipari will develop Barrett's mind for the game. Cal would certainly make him a better defender than K but Barrett is a Kobe prototype so I'd wager they look for a real coach. Oregon and Michigan are more likely than UK.

This makes sense- I'm not sure i've ever seen a high school player receive better coaching than R.J Barrett. Kevin Boyle is obviously one of the best high school coaches in the nation- but people generally don't know about Roy Rana. He is an EXCELLENT coach that I've been fortunate enough to have been following for a little over a year now- I have a couple of his DVDs. He is a college coach in Canada, and seeing how he runs his practices and how he speaks and knows basketball, I'm very excited and hopeful R.J comes to Duke. Roy Rana did a tremendous job using Barrett on Team Canada, and I'm pretty certain Coach K would use some similar actions to get Barrett open.

DSon - be a good sport and take back all the bad things you wrote about Canada during the life of the D-F board if RJ commits to Duke

Examples include Tristan Thompson, Kelly Olynyk, Hockey, CFL (I think), Toronto's brothel rules (IIRC), etc.

The pitch should be, "Hey, we let Tatum do his bad Kobe impression for his first few months here, torpedoing our offense and probably removing us from 1 seed contention. We'll definitely let you do the same."

(Forgive me, i can't remember exact time but it's within the first 15 minutes)

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 1
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom