Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

Got to thinking of what I would buy if I won the lottery that was weird or unusual. Decided on an MRI machine because of how often I manage to accidentally hurt myself. I don't even know what I did but my entire right leg is killing me tonight in addition to both hips, lower/mid back and both forearms. Seriously need to be wrapped in a bubble at all times.

Sounds like general inflammation of some kind. You might have some type of food allergy that you aren't aware of.

Question for the non-religious folk of the board (so question for almost all of you):

Let's say something bad health-wise happens to you or a close family member. If a close friend of yours who is religious tells you he or she is praying for you or your friend's situation, what are your thoughts?

"Whatever. Who cares?" "That's stupid and pointless." "Please don't." Or is it something more like... "It's nice to know someone is thinking about me and cares about the situation" ??

I'm just curious because this situation comes up for me (as the prayER not the prayEE) from time to time, and I pretty much always keep it to myself because I assume the other party doesn't care.

Question for the non-religious folk of the board (so question for almost all of you):

Let's say something bad health-wise happens to you or a close family member. If a close friend of yours who is religious tells you he or she is praying for you or your friend's situation, what are your thoughts?

"Whatever. Who cares?" "That's stupid and pointless." "Please don't." Or is it something more like... "It's nice to know someone is thinking about me and cares about the situation" ??

I'm just curious because this situation comes up for me (as the prayER not the prayEE) from time to time, and I pretty much always keep it to myself because I assume the other party doesn't care.

I think both of those things. It's nice to know they care, but I also think it's stupid and pointless.

I say thanks. It's a nice sentiment, akin to the more unreligious "you're in our thoughts". I agree that it's pointless from a "this is going to work standpoint".

On the opposite side of things, I say "Bless you" when someone sneezes, though I don't really think I'm blessing them. It's just nice to know people are thinking about you.

I say "Bless you" when someone sneezes, though I don't really think I'm blessing them.
I work with a Jehovah's Witness who asked me not to say "Bless you" when she sneezes because Witnesses claim that the custom has a pagan origin.

I say "Bless you" when someone sneezes, though I don't really think I'm blessing them.
I work with a Jehovah's Witness who asked me not to say "Bless you" when she sneezes because Witnesses claim that the custom has a pagan origin.
@physicsfactor I would counter that with a "well, Jesus asked me to bless you when you sneeze" and see if you can make some progress.

And to your first question, it's really just a polite thing to register your sentiment with someone, so most heathens like myself take it for that. However, if you tell me to have a blessed day, I will fuck your shit up.

I tell people to have a blessed day all the time. Well, what I say is, "Have a blessed day, bitches", or sometimes, "Have a blessed fucking day". It's not about words, it's about feelings.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom