Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Replacement Game With Miami 2020

Inveigle

All American
Crazy as it seems, the void for Saturday's game against FSU has been replaced by the Miami Hurricanes and the FSU game will be December 12th in Tallahassee instead of Durham. Miami hasn't played a game since November 14th, but they are on a four game winning streak.

When the Canes have the ball

Leading the Canes offensively is Quarterback D’Eriq King who has thrown for 2,086 yards, 17 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions. Mike Harley has caught 41 passes for 548 yards and 4 touchdowns and is King's reliable receiver. The ground game is led by Cam’Ron Harris who has rushed for 471 yards and 6 touchdowns.

The Duke offense

Chase Brice has thrown for 1,995 yards for 9 touchdowns and of course he has the 13 interceptions. Mataeo Durant has rushed for 642 yards and scored 7 touchdowns. Jake Bobo has caught 26 passes for 313 yards and one touchdown.

Miami is a -15 point favorite out of Vegas.

Prediction:
Miami 49
Duke 16

idk shit about football but these spreads are killlling me. I wanna bet on duke but -15?? have they seen Brice?

idk shit about football but these spreads are killlling me. I wanna bet on duke but -15?? have they seen Brice?

I've watched them all year. Miami is 3rd best team in the ACC behind Clemson and Notre Dame. Duke is neck and neck with Syracuse as the worst. What do you think?

I've watched them all year. Miami is 3rd best team in the ACC behind Clemson and Notre Dame. Duke is neck and neck with Syracuse as the worst. What do you think?

I should lead by saying I seriously don't know much about football. I've played fantasy for years but that's about it. I'm pretty sure I've watched every duke fb game and other than like notre dame, which was the first game of the season I think, I thought duke has looked bad... It seems like people thought brice would be a lot better. Idk I also might have ptsd from duke teams not being able to cover the last few weeks. Won't stop me from betting anyways and watching.

Duke @ FSU next Saturday might be the worst ACC football game of all time. They barely even have a team at this point-never thought I'd see that program in such bad shape-, while we're coming off three straight absolute beatdowns.

Last nights shredding reminded me of VT's 45-0 win at Wade in 05 where we had a total of 35 yards of offense.

Last edited:
0-8 in the ACC in 2021 with Cutcliffe on the sidelines, just as we would have been had we played our original schedule this year. Wound up swapping Pitt for hapless Syracuse.

Our next coach will inherit a roster completely bereft of talent. This is why you can't let an old, washed coach hang on too long. Exact same thing happened with Grobe at Wake, and I'd been hoping to avoid it here.

0-8 sounds too optimistic. Don’t we play 9 league games now?

I've been to the All-American Bowl in 1989, which was Spurrier's last Duke game. I saw what winning in football takes. Barry Wilson, Fred Goldsmith, Carl Franks, and Ted Roof never were program guys. To get good program coaches you have to pay them. Duke is never going to be a football school, but I'd hope to be competitive at the very least. Hell they've got the money.

And I've watched enthusiasm wane recently. When I went to the Peach Bowl in Atlanta several years back-2013- against Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel, Duke fans were everywhere. I'd never seen that many Duke fans in one place. EVER! There were just as many Duke FOOTBALL fans as Texas A&M fans in attendance in the Georgia Dome. I'd say we had somewhere around 30,000 DUKE FOOTBALL FANS at that game.

And I know we're not able to go to games right now, but damn the attendance for home games has been down for several years and is abysmal. And that's before a pandemic that restricts attendance. Nobody wants to go attend a game and watch Duke get beaten down 48-0.

After all the upgrades to Wallace Wade, spending tons of money on the facilities, and to put a team out there like he has for the past few years to compete with the other ACC teams is a damn disgrace. It is time ladies and gentlemen, for Duke to move on. I want Jamey Chadwell if at all possible. But knowing what this athletic department will do I just don't see it happening. Not after this season. Maybe not even after next.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom