Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ruckus In Winston-Salem

Inveigle

All American
Well, after six straight losses the Duke Football team played probably it's best game of the season beating Georgia Tech last Saturday at Wallace Wade Stadium. To receive a bowl bid for this season Duke needs to secure a win against Wake Forest Saturday in Winston-Salem. It won't be easy. Wake Forest is a -12 point favorite and 8-2 ATS this season, 4-0 at Home. Duke is 4-5-1 ATS, and 1-3 on the road. Wake Forest is going after it's 3rd 8-Win season in school history and for the first time since 2007.

Team Stats
Duke-----W-F

Points Per Game---------------25.3 -----34.6
Points Allowed Per Game--- 20.5 -----25.9
Total Yards ----------------------372.2- ---461.2
Yards Passing ------------------197.8-----273.5
Yards Rushing------------------174.4-----187.7
Yards Allowed-------------------335.4-----444.4
Pass Yards Allowed -----------173.4 ----244.1
Rush Yards Allowed-----------162.0 ----200.3

Duke is 57-38-2 All-Time against Wake Forest and 4-1 the past five seasons. Duke lost last year 14-24 in Durham. Kick Off is set for 12:30pm from BB&T Field and will be televised on RSN, the ACC Network, and the Watch ESPN app.

The ruckus returns!

That line is crazy. I would've thought Wake -6.5 would be the spread. With Cut now in control of the offense (six weeks too late, but I digress), we have a chance to cover at least.

I would love for us to put it together again like we did against Tech and secure bowl eligibility, if only for the extra month of practice that a bowl game brings, but I just don't see it happening against a disciplined Wake Forest team. Our run defense is obviously a lot better than our pass defense and Wake does both well, so I can see them just passing almost at will against us.

They don't have the athletes that Baylor, Miami, and FSU have, so they aren't just going to run slants or go routes against us, but they should be able to move the ball in the air.

The only chance we have to win, IMO, is if we force a couple of turnovers and turn into a complete running team. Shorten the game as much as possible and limit the opportunities Wake's Offense has. Of course we will come out with a 70/30 pass to run ratio because Roper.

It's been a disappointing season if only because of how good the defense has generally been. We probably could have won 3 or 4 more games if we had committed to being a power running team rather than trying to force a square peg into a round hole by airing it out so much. Always next year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom