Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

True Blood had some of the best opening credits ever. The show didn't deserve them.

Speaking of good opening credits, Mindhunter's are amazing. They definitely go on my all-time list. Up there with True Blood, Six Feet Under, Stranger Things and some others I'm forgetting.

True Blood had some of the best opening credits ever. The show didn't deserve them.

Speaking of good opening credits, Mindhunter's are amazing. They definitely go on my all-time list. Up there with True Blood, Six Feet Under, Stranger Things and some others I'm forgetting.

I can think of lots of good ones, in no order at all:

The X-Files
Sopranos
The Addams Family
Weeds
Hill Street Blues
American Horror Story
Game of Thrones
Malcolm in the Middle
Luther
Peewee's Playhouse

Probably another 50 or so that I'm forgetting.

Weeds, for sure. Less as a visual work of art than for all the great covers of the song.

Give it up, people. As bad as your show has gotten, killing off F.U. isn't going to help matters. Go on off and start another good show that turns bad after the first season.

Is there a way to accommodate for 280 characters without having to click on the tweet here? There are a lot more 'e's than show up here.

Oh, wow.

Amazon to Adapt J.R.R. Tolkien’s Globally Renowned Fantasy Novels, The Lord of the Rings, for Television with a Multi Season Production Commitment

Amazon today announced it has acquired the global television rights to The Lord of the Rings, based on the celebrated fantasy novels by J.R.R. Tolkien, with a multi-season commitment. The upcoming Amazon Prime Original will be produced by Amazon Studios in cooperation with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line Cinema, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

1) I don't see them spending the money to pull this off.

2) Is it going to include a bunch of filler bullshit like The Hobbit movies did?

3) I'd rather see The First Law trilogy or something new adapted.

The rumor is, they paid in the neighborhood of $250 million just for the rights to it.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/amazon-...tv-series-multi-season-commitment-1202207065/

Amazon, Netflix and HBO had been approached by the Tolkien estate, who had been shopping the project. It came with an upfront rights payment said to be in the $200 million-$250 million range, and I hear Amazon landed the rights by paying close to $250 million. That is just for the rights, before any costs for development, talent and production, in proposition whose finances industry observers called “insane.” It is a payment that is made sight unseen as there is no concept, and there are no creative auspices attached to the possible series. On top of that, the budget for a fantasy series of that magnitude is likely to be $100 million-$150 million a season.

I guess Bezos just likes LotR. Probably is nostalgic, thinking about all those paperback editions he shipped out of his garage back in the day.

The new season of Peaky Blinders has started on BBC.

If you don't want to wait for it to get to Netflix, you can stream it on the BBC website with a VPN. I'm guessing it won't be available on a US network for at least a couple of months. Or you can stream it on your sketchy streaming site of choice (which have the added bonus of having HOT RUSSIAN BABES EAGER TO MEET YOU NOW!)

Mr. Robot is on Amazon Prime now so I started watching it yesterday. I'm kind of addicted to it. Love the cinematography except for the god damn profile shots where they put the speakers face in a bottom corner and have 90% dead space of a ceiling or some shit.

Angela can get it.

I used the handy TD-F search function to look for previous "Mr. Robot" mentions, since I'm late to the show. I've plowed through the first two seasons in recent weeks. I love it. It borders on oppressively nihilistic at times, but I find that stuff fun.

I also questioned the odd framing at times, but I assume that's intended to enhance the viewer's disorientation.

I'm mesmerized by Meryl Streep's daughter, who I find incredibly attractive, probably because she doesn't have traditional "actress" features.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom