Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I really enjoyed season 1, but couldn't get through more than 2 or 3 episodes of season 2.

If you enjoyed him in the 2nd season of Daredevil, you'll love it. I especially appreciated it because I am not a big superhero guy. It's more of a straight-ahead revenge/crime/cop thriller.

Extremely well acted and shot. All the characters are nuanced.

The Punisher was stronger in the first half than the second. Still very good though.

- When Curtis was nearly beaten to death with his own prosthetic leg

- The carousel scene as a climax; such a great set piece

- Realizing at the end that you'd been watching Jigsaw's origin story

The show wasn't that well received by critics, it seems. Big schism between Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB. I haven't read the reviews, but I'd speculate that's because most critics nowadays are members of the social justice left. They review the politics of shows/movies as much as they review the aesthetics of them. In this case, the show was about a white Marine exacting vigilante justice with guns. Throw in the fact that it treats the anti-gun control argument and other right wing positions with fairness or at least with humanity, and it's not going to be popular with the left right now.

Most people don't give a shit about that stuff when they are watching a TV show though. Hence the high IMDB rating.

I really like Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. The Iron Fist was so bad that I can't finish it and I only watched 1 episode of the ensemble show because of it. I liked the Punisher in Daredevil, so you're saying it's worth a shot?

I really like Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. The Iron Fist was so bad that I can't finish it and I only watched 1 episode of the ensemble show because of it. I liked the Punisher in Daredevil, so you're saying it's worth a shot?
I haven't watched Iron Fist, but I've heard it was bad. I watched the trailer for The Defenders. It had too many one-liners for my tastes. Maybe that was a misrepresentation.

You'll enjoy it.

In my opinion, the best Fincher movie. Mindhunter is in many ways an expansion of that (though not quite as good).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom