Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

It's been on my list.

Anyone been watching Baskets on FX? Louis CK's show where Zach Galifianakis plays two characters. It's got all three seasons on Hulu currently.

Probably my favorite show right now. It's got that similar dark/depressing comedic vibe to Louie, and is able to mix lighter, lol moments with some actual depth of character in the same way. Big fan.

I also just shamelessly love much anything where Galifianakis does a spin on his "Funyons" character.

Any fellow cord cutters here? We cut the cord from DirecTV back in 2015 and have really enjoyed the savings. However, I am in a bit of a bind now. Huge reason we were able to cut our cable was because I could still watch sports using my fathers DirecTV login info to stream on our AppleTV and Firestick. I know thats a cheat code with cord cutting, but its what we did and it worked wonderfully. My dad has switched his service to Charter recently and they are smart. I'm not able to use his charter login like I was his DirecTV. They've somehow got it blocked.

What do you guys do? Im on a trial of DirecTV NOW and don't like it because I can't watch the Braves. I can watch the Braves and Duke on Sling, but they do not have Disney JR. for the kids, from what I can tell. Trying to find the best option, but its looking more and more like I'm going to be roped back into a Charter contract if I have to go much longer without being able to watch Braves games.

Enjoying The Good Place a lot (about 7-8 episodes in). Like Community, its narrative arcs are totally standard sitcom arcs, but it still manages to add something new to the form.

I didn't expect to like a show set in a place I don't believe in. I'm still not sure it will have enough grounding in "reality" for it to become a favorite for me. But it's a funny, stress-free watch.

Kristen Bell is fantastic. She can carry a show. In this and Veronica Mars, she has a lot of quirky dialogue that she has to deliver in exactly the right way to work, but she generally nails it.

Can someone please watch tonights episode of Atlanta. That might be the craziest episode of television this year.

Reactions: TS9
That shit was wild. I didn’t even realize it was commercial free until after the episode was over

I didn't realize until after that Teddy was Donald Glover in white face

Did anyone else find WatchESPN to be unusable this year? They used to be bad but watchable. But then they changed the format of the site, incorporating it in with ESPN's main website, and they must have changed something about their player too.

I mean, surely this internet speed should be good enough to stream anything I want, right? I never had a second of lag with the March Madness app or any other live streaming app.
Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 8.34.19 AM.png

ETA: This probably doesn't belong in this thread, but it's also not really science and technology and not really basketball-related.

I didn't realize until after that Teddy was Donald Glover in white face
In the credits Teddy Perkins was attributed to himself!

Man I wasn’t sure how I felt about it in the moment but I couldn’t stop thinking about the episode afterward. There were some hilarious lines in there still even with how dark it all was.

Wash your hands immediately

Reactions: TS9
Did anyone else find WatchESPN to be unusable this year? They used to be bad but watchable. But then they changed the format of the site, incorporating it in with ESPN's main website, and they must have changed something about their player too.

I mean, surely this internet speed should be good enough to stream anything I want, right? I never had a second of lag with the March Madness app or any other live streaming app.

ETA: This probably doesn't belong in this thread, but it's also not really science and technology and not really basketball-related.

It's been terrible for me too. Constant quality changes and freezes throughout the broadcast. Although the advertisements come in crystal clear without interruptions.

View attachment 178

My download speed is just under 12. I don’t know how I survive.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back