Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Notre Friggin' Dame Game

Inveigle

All American
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUvcbsf2jdCE3WwiUWMVe2i4Mz3YHFvCTZnI_tDC6RSdHDpOyRxO0-Zkm4fv5CF8ArAhTkB597NoBqs_k

Can you believe it? Game Day hosts Saturday. Undefeated record on the line. Hosting the Fighting Irish on prime time national TV.

Come down from the ledge folks. As my Dad used to say, things are never as bad as they seem. But things are never as great as they are made out to be either. We have a football game to play Saturday night. Win or Lose it's just one game. Duke enters the game +5.5 Home Dogs. So let's look at some game stats.

Notre Dame boasts the nation's 18th-best scoring offense -- putting up 39.6 points per game -- and a stingy defense, allowing just 12.8 points per game, which ranks 15th in FBS. Duke is 28th in offense and fourth in defense, allowing just 8.8 points per game.

Duke's defense was at its best this past Saturday in the first road game of the season. In their 41-7 win at UConn, the Blue Devils had two sacks, three pass breakups, two forced fumbles and two recoveries -- one of which was returned for a 26-yard touchdown by defensive tackle DeWayne Carter.

The win over UConn also featured another standout performance by Duke QB Riley Leonard, who threw for a touchdown and rushed for one in another efficient performance. Leonard is completing 67.7 percent of his passes this season and has yet to throw an interception through four games.

Notre Dame quarterback and Charlotte born Sam Hartman has faced Duke twice in his career when he was playing for Wake Forest, going 1-1 in those starts. Despite Hartman throwing for 347 yards and three touchdowns against the Blue Devils last year, Duke picked him off once and wound up beating Wake 34-31 last season in Durham.

Can Duke win? Damn right they can! Or even better, Notre Dame can lose this game. Look, Duke has already won the "unexpected attention" that comes with ESPN Game Day. They just have to show up. And if there's anything Mike Elko has taught us is that Duke will be prepared. If Duke hangs with the Irish thru the first half they certainly can hang with them for four quarters. I went to South Bend when Daniel Jones lit them up. I've seen Duke beat them. It can happen. I also know the talent level at Notre Dame is quite a bit different than it is at Duke. Duke is a good football team and it will be close.

My Prediction:

Notre Dame 26
Duke 24

Let's Go Duke!

I want this win, but I feel we’re playing with house money, too. Already got our massive upset over Clemson, and this game has no bearing on the ACC race and our chances of getting to Charlotte. I hope we go out there and play loose.

I have no idea how to properly bet this game in an emotional hedge sort of way. I'm half tempted to just roll with Duke and keep the underdog ML momentum roll.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom