Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel

I highly recommend Yank Sing for lunch. Tony's Napoletana is some of the best pizza I've ever had. If you have time, rent bikes and ride over the GG bridge to Sausolito and have lunch at Fish.

Hong Kong Lounge II if you like dim sum. I am sure there are just as good places in Chinatown, but I loved it. Make a reservation.

If you need to get across the bay for some reason, take the ferry. So much better than driving across the bridge.

Looking to take a quickly planned vacation in a few weeks. I haven't been to anywhere in NC or SC in a long time. Usually go to Destin? Any recommendations?

Here's what I'm looking for:

-Beach front
-A decent selection of good restaurants
-Not a super crowded place
-Looking for more Quiet/relaxing as opposed to a party type place

South of the Border. Can't miss. It's got all of those but the beach, but you can get to Myrtle Beach in an hour and a half.

Just be aware that it's going to add several hours of travel time. But worth it.

Are you driving or flying? I live on the OBX and I've been to Tybee a few times. Both have that end of the road feel, but Tybee is way, way smaller.

Definitely flying. Im open to all suggestions tho farmer. Anywhere in NC, SC or the gulf

Well, flying to Tybee is easier. You fly into Savannah, which is one of my favorite cities to visit, and Tybee is about 30 minutes east.

Flying to the OBX is either Norfolk, Va and a 2 hour drive or Raleigh-Durham, and have the boys from TDF pick you up at the airport and drive you here.

Looking to take a quickly planned vacation in a few weeks. I haven't been to anywhere in NC or SC in a long time. Usually go to Destin? Any recommendations?

Here's what I'm looking for:

-Beach front
-A decent selection of good restaurants
-Not a super crowded place
-Looking for more Quiet/relaxing as opposed to a party type place

You could rent a house on Topsail Island and drive to Wilmington if you want decent food.

A buddy of mine is going to Topsail in late June but hasn't been. Farmer, I've heard great things about Tybee/Savannah.

Well, flying to Tybee is easier. You fly into Savannah, which is one of my favorite cities to visit, and Tybee is about 30 minutes east.

Flying to the OBX is either Norfolk, Va and a 2 hour drive or Raleigh-Durham, and have the boys from TDF pick you up at the airport and drive you here.

You gonna put him up too? Could discuss future Duke lineups and go over minutes predictions at breakfast.

Headed to Barcelona 1 week from today. I have been doing Rosetta Stone Spanish for work related reasons, so I was excited to try and use it. I figured that the Catalan dialect couldn't be much different and I'd be able ot get by by reading. There is no way that a Spanish speaker could understand Catalan without learning it from the basics. It's pretty much like a Spanish person trying to learn French; some similarities, but very, very different. In fact, I've noticed a ton of similarities between Catalan and French, which I guess makes sense geographically. If their culture is as different from typical Spanish culture as well, I totally get the independence movement there.

Do you speak English? Take me to the hotel please.

Sp: Habla usted inglés? Llévame al hotel por favor.
Ca: Parles anglès? Porta'm a l'hotel si us plau.
Fr: Parlez-vous anglais? Portez-moi a l'hotel s'il vous plâit.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom