Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

His pass to O'Connell under the bucket (which he didn't convert, I think he passed it) was one of the best passes I've seen in a long time.

Did his best to get Bolden some buckets

I loved the back to back passes to Bolden on that one play. Puts his hand up while running the floor, ball arrives instantly. Fumbles it, loses it, manages to get it back to Duval. Repost, puts hand up again, ball again arrives instantly. Fumbles it, loses it again. Sigh.

And I don't know why I expected Duval to be such a Voodoo Tatum. I guess it was a mix of his recruitment dynamics and his lack of animated emotion when he plays. Glad to be wrong.

USC and Derryck Thornton travel to Vandy for a game tonight. We'll need the full scouting report from @skins

@skins' college team lets him down just like his NFL team let all of us down today:

USC scores 93 in a win! And the role Derryck Thornton played in that win was...

...not much at all:
5sIM5Lr.png

In those 13 minutes he had a +/- of -15 too, yikes. This was the only tweet about his performance I could find today:

Might be time for @Topher to contact his uncle

Might have missed a few possessions but I did not see him in a single PNR situation tonight. When he was in the game (zero minutes in the final four minutes or OT that I’m aware of) he was often not initiating the offense. Ideally he graduates by next December and is able to transfer to one of the California State Universities in the Big West where he can truly showcase how good his dad thinks he is.

USC and Derryck Thornton travel to Vandy for a game tonight. We'll need the full scouting report from @skins

@skins' college team lets him down just like his NFL team let all of us down today:

USC scores 93 in a win! And the role Derryck Thornton played in that win was...

...not much at all:
5sIM5Lr.png

In those 13 minutes he had a +/- of -15 too, yikes. This was the only tweet about his performance I could find today:

Might be time for @Topher to contact his uncle

Slander!

Totally crushing my expectations. He's been a monster. The pass ahead to Carter? Geez.

He's limiting his jump shots and getting to the rim at will.

He got fucked on at least one of those chargers, maybe both. Even Bilas thought it was BS

7/9 from the FT line is very encouraging in that A.) that's a good percentage and B.) If he can continue to get to the line with the kind of consistency we will be in great shape offensively.

I think it's starting to click for him he can just blow by everyone. This is good- but the next step after that will be blending that with how poised/under control he was in the first few games. I think with the game slowing down for him in one area (driving to the rim) it caused the game to speed up in another area, making him maybe a little too aggressive and out of control at times tonight.

A good performance but Duval can get even better if/when he puts it together. His progression will be fun this year.

ETA: A personal opinion of mine, but the type of aggression Duval had tonight offensively will likely be needed for us to win an NCAA Tournament game when Allen and Trent Jr are smothered/not hitting. The X factor on this team (offensively) will ultimately be Duval. You can't just win a National Championship playing taps off the glass or feeding the post to Bagley and Carter every possession, and you can slow down and limit shooters like Allen and Trent, but I'm not really sure anyone has an answer for Duval. You could zone him to limit his penetration, but then you're just asking for Trent and Allen to get open threes and you're opening up the glass even more to our bigs.

Last edited:
I am okay with a point guard gambling on some passes. I am okay with a lob to Bagley thrown from 30 feet away. I am okay with a fullcourt pass to someone leaking out. I am okay with a tough wraparound pass in the lane (unless you're passing up a layup to do so). I think you need to let a dynamic PG play with that kind of freedom.

What I don't like is a couple of stupid passes he made that wouldn't have been high-reward even if successful. A crosscourt pass over two defenders a big man who is 40 feet from the basket, for example. I feel like he made a couple of those last night.

He needs to facilitate more than the past 2-3 games. Not sure if it is correlated to Grayson and Trent being off but 2 assists isn’t going to cut it against tougher comp

Duval has crashed back down to earth. It’s unfortunate that he’ll mainly be compared with Trae Young, whom Duke did not want for whatever reason.

Here are Young’s stats so far, for a good Oklahoma team:

35% usage
124 rating
55% 2pt
39% 3pt
86% ft
45% ft rate
63% true shooting
46% assist
16% turnover
3.6% steal
#3 kPOY

Can’t imagine this kind of player goes behind Duval in the draft. He’s better at Duval things, and also has elite shooting. Seems like one of the best PG prospects ever. Admittedly, not as much street cred as Duval, but I would consider the gap in skill to be worth the drop off in street cred.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom