Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

Pretty amazed that this happened, even though a benching was earned. Perhaps he'll get humbled and pay attention for the sake of the team.

I'd really love to see someone name one positive thing Duval does for Duke at this point in the season.

We’ve had plenty of freshmen who were terrible, and it’s fine because we know they have an opportunity to help as upperclassmen. This one will be in China or G League next season, so there’s nothing to look forward to with him. Can’t even focus on the few positives to build on. This is a big part of why Duke basketball is not as enjoyable as it once was. We are rooting for player development over a total of 5 months.

If we expected Duval to be here 3-4 years, we'd not only be able to tolerate his immaturity but we'd probably be really excited about him. That's the sad part.

I was just about to congratulate Duval on breaking his string of sub-100 ORtg games, and you guys gotta get all negative on me.

On a slightly more serious note, it seems to me like Duke can live with Duval at 25min/17% usage/5 rebounds/1 turnover, leaving out the other stuff because it's not relevant. Maybe drop the 25 minutes to 20 and the 17% usage to 15% and we might have something to work with.

I want Trevon to be good so badly. I mean, he has "NYC" tattooed on his leg for crying out loud.

He's just not at this point. Maybe he figures everything out one day in the league.

I feel like he'd be a great college guard if he gave himself a few years. The NBA is going to be rough for Trevon. There are so many good guards out there and most of them can shoot at least a little bit. The ones that can't shoot tend to be freaks of nature. Trevon doesn't have the athleticism and vision to make up for his shooting deficiencies, IMO.

IF we fix Trevon and improve on the defensive rebounding then I think we're in the final four. If this is what we're stuck with then I doubt we win 2 games in the tournament.

I thought when Grayson was playing PG, we looked great all around. When Duval took over at PG - as in, most of the second half - we looked awful again.

I did think it was interesting that we ran a curl screen for him off the ball that he scored on. Maybe that has to be his role even when comes off the bench - an off-the-ball secondary playmaker. Not that a SG who can't shoot is particularly valuable, but I'm grasping for straws here...

IF we fix Trevon and improve on the defensive rebounding then I think we're in the final four. If this is what we're stuck with then I doubt we win 2 games in the tournament.
I don’t think he’s fixable in 3 weeks. The only way is to play him selectively.

If he isn't going to get any better this year, I'd like to see his minutes closer to 15 than 25. Can the coaches make that happen?
And I'm already prepared for when, 3-4 years from now, Duke is somehow blamed for Duval being an NBA bust.

Pulling for him, of course, but how could you possibly draft him this year if you are a GM? If based on potential, what are they basing it on?

The real problem is he's recruited as a OAD. What happens if he comes back, with an actual PG on the roster who can run the show?

I liked what Grayson did last night and it was good to feel like he was an actual part of the offense again, rather than the random side piece that he'd been for weeks. My fear, though, is that we're going to spend the rest of the season switching back and forth between Grayson and Duval without any discernible strategy behind it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom