Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

The real problem is he's recruited as a OAD. What happens if he comes back, with an actual PG on the roster who can run the show?

I don't want to think about him coming back because there just isn't a spot for a guard who can't shoot, can't distribute, can't protect the ball, seems selfish and can't defend. Not that I want him to transfer, but I seriously can't imagine someone in the NBA wanting him after this season.

I agree the whole problem is he was recruited as a OAD.

Many on this board were convinced Frank Jackson was OAD before he played a college game. Hard to give the coaches a pass for not considering the possibility. Same with Tyus Jones, the #1 ranked point guard in his class, at a time when practically 100% of #1 ranked PGs out of high school are OAD.

Fumbling the post-Tyus situation was totally irresponsible by the staff, but they picked Duval for this year. Seems to be some pretty lazy recruiting IMO when he was basically the same player in HS - not great at any one thing and not at all a fit on this squad.

And don't get me wrong, I hope he does well at Duke and beyond. Anyone that chooses Duke is OK with me.

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the situation and I'm sure this is a hard time for him. He can buy in and work on the things this team needs, or he can continue down the road he's on. No excuse for zero improvement thus far.

Duval showed some improvement on Sunday, turning the ball over only once in 25 minutes.

“For me it’s just something that I guess I got to just be ready for when I get in the game,” Duval said of coming off the bench. “It doesn’t make a difference. I played a good amount of minutes. I finished the game, so it doesn’t really matter if I start or not.

As long as I finish the game and we win the game, that’s all that really matters.

Duval showed some improvement on Sunday, turning the ball over only once in 25 minutes.

“For me it’s just something that I guess I got to just be ready for when I get in the game,” Duval said of coming off the bench. “It doesn’t make a difference. I played a good amount of minutes. I finished the game, so it doesn’t really matter if I start or not.

As long as I finish the game and we win the game, that’s all that really matters.

Yikes! I am so over this gross player.

"Trevon played a good amount of minutes. Trevon finished the game, so it doesn’t really matter if Trevon start or not.

As long as Trevon finish the game and Trevon win the game, that’s all that really matters.

If there was a way to track most frequently used phrases in chat, FUCK DUVAL, or some version of it, definitely top 5.
GAME is, of course, perennial #1, and probably just FUCK is a close second.
But today was definitely a trending day for FUCK DUVAL.

He had one of his "better" games today just on the back of all those steals. I can accept 4 turnovers a game if he's getting 3-4 steals a game.

The airballed 3 with the shot clock running down was the most predictable thing ever. I remember thinking "this possession is fucked" with about 8 seconds left on the clock.

Really good. Not even the driving into 3 guys layups. He misses a ton of the wide open ones. His move to the baseline on the one that he made in the 2nd half was so, so quick though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back