Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

I thought he was sort of really good and sort of really bad (much like Carter, though Carter has more equity).

Yeah I think his play was epitomized when he got that one steal on the baseline which was great and tried to save it and at the end of the play fouled Elijah Thomas in the back on a dunk which was awful

Shooting 51% from 2. That seems waaaaaaaay high.

Please tell me there's like, some kind of ace up the sleeve power-move to heavily restrict his usage in the tournament. I just cannot deal with watching him LET IT RAIN for 3-4 terrible shots a game and as many terrible, unforced turnovers.

Honestly if he just cut that shit out we would be in really good shape with how the defense has been trending

I mean, he did have 4 assists, 5 steals, and 6 rebounds.
Yup the good neutralizes the bad. Fits in with the no defense no PT theory

If He just stops doing dumb shit on O then we have a really valuable PG

4 and 5 steals in consecutive games is an obvious fluke though. However his 4-5 turnovers a game is not, that's what pisses me off.

He also had 6 steals when we played a full game of zone against MSU. Isn't it possible the zone helps him there?

Turnovers last 4 games: 1, 4, 2, 2 (tonight)
Steals last 4 games: 0, 1, 4, 5

16 steals in the 5 all-zone games. 29 steals in the 23 other games.

Syracuse has been top 10 in steal rate 7 of past 9 seasons, never worse than #14. Zone probably allows the guards to focus more on jumping passing lanes than staying in front of anyone. Limiting what Duval needs to think about is a good thing.

16 steals in the 5 all-zone games. 29 steals in the 23 other games.

Syracuse has been top 10 in steal rate 7 of past 9 seasons, never worse than #14. Zone probably allows the guards to focus more on jumping passing lanes than staying in front of anyone. Limiting what Duval needs to think about is a good thing.

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Maybe there is something to it.

Just infuriates me more thinking of how rancid dog shit we were in the previous "aggressive" defense that was supposed to be all about forcing turnovers.

How hard is it for the coaches to simply say, “Look, just don’t ever fucking shoot it unless it’s an open dunk or the shot clock is at 2”??

They get that message across, and we’re golden.

I do wish I had been in chat after his bricks on the very first two possessions. Hell, I was ready to turn the game off after that shot on the first possession.

How hard is it for the coaches to simply say, “Look, just don’t ever fucking shoot it unless it’s an open dunk or the shot clock is at 2”??

They get that message across, and we’re golden.

I do wish I had been in chat after his bricks on the very first two possessions. Hell, I was ready to turn the game off after that shot on the first possession.

GAME.

I also would like him to be more selective with his shot, but I'd accept missed jumpers if he was balancing that by finishing at the rim.

After that awful long two that he stepped into and completely whiffed, Bilas said something in an extremely diplomatic tone like "That wasn't a good shot by Duval there, though he's shown he can make those". Um, no he hasn't, like, not at all.

With how elite the non-Duval components of this offense are, Duval's field goal attempts are essentially half turnovers.

It seemed like a lot more than 9 shots. Personally, I think we should allow him to get out and push after steals and long rebounds and limit his shooting to that.

With how elite the non-Duval components of this offense are, Duval's field goal attempts are essentially half turnovers.

Seriously, his shots are so unreliable in where the ball ends up going that I'm sure they're offensively rebounded at a lower rate than misses by Gary or Grayson.

I won't complain about his shot as long as he keeps getting 5+ steals and rebounds every game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back