Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC at Duke - Gameday thread

Oh. We saw it. Has been discussed in chat! Welcome back

DC our game chat here was incredible. (in the actual chat room)

We'll be doing that for football and basketball.

They're so used to their own misery they don't know how to be happy.

Look forward to your presence here.

My freshman year I was at the national championship game. My senior year I just got to watch Duke football beat UNC to become bowl eligible in the middle of October. I haven't missed a home football game in over 10 years. This might be the happiest I've ever been in my life. This is the equivalent of the national championship game. I love every single one of you, especially those who came to the games when we were going 0-11 and stood by the team even in the Franks/Roof years. No team has deserved a win like this more than Duke football. God does exist.

That's awesome, 13. I went to every game home and away in a 0-11 2001 season. This just feels amazing.

dukedavidson13 said:
My freshman year I was at the national championship game. My senior year I just got to watch Duke football beat UNC to become bowl eligible in the middle of October. I haven't missed a home football game in over 10 years. This might be the happiest I've ever been in my life. This is the equivalent of the national championship game. I love every single one of you, especially those who came to the games when we were going 0-11 and stood by the team even in the Franks/Roof years. No team has deserved a win like this more than Duke football. God does exist.

lol. + a million

I keep trying to tone it down so I don't look like a total dukiesrock, but it's hard to overstate how good I feel. I could accidentally cut my dick off and be celibate for the rest of my life, and tonight would still be an awesome night overall.

I'm pretty sure the combination of adrenaline and endorphins is going to keep me up for the 9-10 days straight, at which point I will die from sheer exhaustion. I also think I may now find myself addicted to cocaine, when/if I come down, for the same reason.

For my first post over here I'd just like to say Go to Hell Carolina, and holy crap was that a game! I was there with Mrs. Rouge, my dad and my aunt in section 24, row L. The range of emotions I went through over the last few minutes of that game from the fumble-missed recovery-Carolina touchdown to the final Duke touchdown... Lets just say that's not something my poor heart could take too often. My wife, who really doesn't even like football (but still loves Duke and has a healthy distaste for Carolina athletics), was shouting and screaming. We were hoarse by the end.

I think what I'll remember most is the smell of the spray paint when the players pulled the bell over and fixed it up.

That was, hands down, the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.

NITStan ‏ @ NITStan
CONGRADULATIONS Duke blue devil persons beating Tar 'Hole' team Mr Okanjo predicted this I told him no but Holes beaten like unruly children

Rougemont said:
For my first post over here I'd just like to say Go to Hell Carolina, and holy crap was that a game! I was there with Mrs. Rouge, my dad and my aunt in section 24, row L. The range of emotions I went through over the last few minutes of that game from the fumble-missed recovery-Carolina touchdown to the final Duke touchdown... Lets just say that's not something my poor heart could take too often. My wife, who really doesn't even like football (but still loves Duke and has a healthy distaste for Carolina athletics), was shouting and screaming. We were hoarse by the end.

I think what I'll remember most is the smell of the spray paint when the players pulled the bell over and fixed it up.

That was, hands down, the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.

Great game to be at. Glad you guys had a blast.

BTW, when I was wandering around the rail after trying to find my dad after the game, I ran into Mrs. Mae Crowder, aka Mary Magdalene, & husband. I was so pumped I basically thanked her for giving birth to Jamison.

She was a really nice lady though, and obviously the proudest mama in the building. Said she couldn't even tell it was him that caught it until someone told her. God, what a night.

Zack D-F said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I never stopped believing Duke would lose.

And for that we thank you.

lol seriously. Needed every bit of it to pull this one out.

I was absolutely certain we were done watching that last drive. It just seemed inevitable. I had actually pictured our record with the loss, what it meant, how it would affect recruiting, whether we could beat GT in Atlanta now, how many Fire Cut threads would be on TDD. Took me about ten seconds of watching people jump around me before I let myself believe it was actually a touchdown and wasn't getting overruled somehow. Mannnnnnnnnnn.

bfactor said:
That's awesome, 13. I went to every game home and away in a 0-11 2001 season. This just feels amazing.

80% chance we've met in real life back then

After Bernard's touchdown, Duke coach David Cutcliffe approached Renfree on the Blue Devils sideline.

"He told us they screwed up and left too much time on the clock," said Renfree, who completed 23 of his 36 passes for 276 yards. "I cracked a smile. We had three timeouts left. We felt pretty confident."

Cut has taken some lessions from K

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom