Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wake Forest University

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
2flrtzO.png

Wake must win this game to have a chance at a bowl.

Wake is coming off 3 losses in a row.

Wake has an extra week to prepare.

Duke is coming off its biggest home win in decades.

Duke has its rival coming up next, with a potential ACC championship game after that.

Duke should be favored by 2 touchdowns.

Duke is favored by 5.5 points.

:(

Farewell, ESPNU. Godspeed, Shroff and Stouffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange game to be at (if you were there and saw the guy with 2 kids asleep on his lap on the scoreboard, that was me) - never really was worried that we would win, but just never could pull away either.

Experienced a new level of douchbaggery, too. Young Wake fan behind me kept clapping in my ear during one of their chants/songs and then leaning forward and yelling "Go Deacs!" I could handle that. And then he leaned towards my 4-year old son and started talking trash at him to the point that my son, who had been enjoying the game up until that point, just clammed up and got quiet and sulky. If it wasn't for the kids, that SOB was about to be decked. :x

Anyhoo........

68sl.jpg

My quest for the ever-elusive perfect passing TD picture continues. :roll:

ync4.jpg

(Insert Sabol-esque cliche about the battle at the line here) :P

BZyoVDZCMAANMzD.jpg

Victory formation.

Damn, sorry about that fan experience Dk, were you not near the Duke section?

aiw said:
Looks like you had great seats.

Started out in the section closest to the scoreboard on the Wake side, then moved over behind the Duke bench. The tickets were through a friend whose daughter is a cheerleader, and she goes to wherever her daughter is cheering.

This was the angle we had early:

ay5k.jpg

The fumble return was right in front of us. Speaking of which, was his knee down before the fumble? Sure looked like it, and they showed numerous replay on the scoreboard. Thought it might have been loose before his knee was down, or was it just the way he was holding the ball?

Rollins said:
Damn, sorry about that fan experience Dk, were you not near the Duke section?

Was further down the Duke side by that time. About the 30-yard line, couple sections over from the band, 2nd row. Still plenty of blue around (there was more blue and white in the stands anyway, seemed like), but only one section over from the students.

0w3t.jpg

Someone got lost on the way to Chapel Hill, I guess.

dkst, Blakeney's knee and elbow were both down before the ball came out. It was an inexplicable call after reviewing.

physicsfactor said:
dkst, Blakeney's knee and elbow were both down before the ball came out. It was an inexplicable call after reviewing.

Inexplicable is an understatement.

We go from first down, to down 7 because of an incompetent ACC review official in Greensboro.

Rollins said:
physicsfactor said:

Inexplicable is an understatement.

We go from first down, to down 7 because of an incompetent ACC review official in Greensboro.
Would have been 4th down because Blakeney went sideways instead of upfield

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom