Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 1: NC Central

I know we can't read too much into a Vegas line involving NC Central. Still, Duke by 33.5 is the highest line in Duke's favor I've ever noticed. Maybe Duke will be ok this season.

33.5!

Central is hard to gauge but they should be a much better team than last year. I think we win by 20+ in a "leave the ball park really nervous for week 2" kind of way.

Topher said:
Central is hard to gauge but they should be a much better team than last year. I think we win by 20+ in a "leave the ball park really nervous for week 2" kind of way.

I'm not nervous about the first 2 games at all. Memphis was completely miserable last year.

Pitt is going to be gut check time.

They need to start out 4-1, which means splitting Georgia Tech and Pitt. I'm a little nervous about Memphis because it's on the road (even though I remember them being awful in last year's game). Do we think we will be favored by more than a TD against them on the road if the game were Week 1 (I know nothing about them this year)?

I think we'll be a 9-10 pt favorite against them on the road in week 2. That game just seems awkward. Of course, I have no foundation for how good our team will be other than reports from practice.

Duke was a 22-point favorite vs Memphis last season, which is weird, because Memphis ended up only 9-10 points below Duke on Sagarin predictor. Memphis may have improved much more than Duke did as the season went along. Nonetheless, they're starting a RS freshman at QB this season (3-star, 5.5 on Rivals), so I wouldn't expect them to make a huge jump from last season.

I was running the stadium steps and didn't have my phone. I'm gonna keep y'all sweating another 24 hours

duke.gif

IT'S GAME DAY BITCHES!

What I would like to see today
On Offense:
- Boone making good decisions
- WR not named Crowder make some good plays
- Jela break a long run.
- Offensive Line allowing no sacks

On Defense:
- Solid linebacker play
- 2 sacks from the DL
- Breon Borders & Cash Money Millionaire make a big play