Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 3: Georgia Institute of Technology

aiw

Legend
7.5 point dogs

georgia_tech_football_babe_display_image.jpg

I think we lose by two touchdowns ina basic reversal to the Memphis game where we are Memphis and Tech is Duke.

Do broken bones ever require surgery? People stitch them together?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sagarin is actually saying Duke should be 1-point underdogs. Normalize the home field advantage (Sagarin has it at 5.60 points so far this season) to a more Wallace Wade-like level, and it's GT by 3.5.

Seeing GT by 8-9 everywhere now. That probably will go up, even if it shouldn't. The past few years of watching Duke vs GT games has involved hoping for holding penalties against GT, and if no penalty, it's a TD.

Sagarin says Pitt, Navy and @Wake will be coinflip games, Troy is terrible, NC State and @UVA are winnable.

Need to win Troy, 2 out of Pitt/Navy/@Wake, 1 out of NC State and @UVA. Winning 1 out of GT/@VT/Miami/@UNC isn't too crazy, so they have room for error.

I think Duke has around a 60% chance of making a bowl. If they beat GT, those odds go to around 90%.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Sagarin says Pitt, Navy and @Wake will be coinflip games, Troy is terrible, NC State and @UVA are winnable.

Need to win Troy, 2 out of Pitt/Navy/@Wake, 1 out of NC State and @UVA. Winning 1 out of GT/@VT/Miami/@UNC isn't too crazy, so they have room for error.

I think Duke has around a 60% chance of making a bowl. If they beat GT, those odds go to around 90%.

This is the best thing I've read.

Will be interesting to see what our defense does against a real D-1 offense that can effectively move the ball on the ground and through the air. Going to have to wait another 2 weeks or so for that, but imagine we'll get trounced by the triple option next week per usual.

I'll say this though--I would have put the over/under for points yielded by our defense through eight quarters to NCCU and Memphis at around 35. Can't believe the real number is 7.

I just hope we escape GT without any serious injuries. Losing would be one thing, but losing with Annunike and Kelby Brown torn ACLs would be less than awesome.

Dammit, first time on TV this season, and the game is at the same time as the de facto national title play-in game for Alabama.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Dammit, first time on TV this season, and the game is at the same time as the de facto national title play-in game for Alabama.

That sucks for CBS' ratings.

I don't see a chance today. Do you see a chance? I don't see a chance.

One of the worst hours of each year is upon us, as we watch GT methodically march down the field like paint running down a wall, converting 3rd and 3 with ease 5 times per drive before punching it in each time, taking 6-8 minutes to do so, and then we finally turn it off midway through the 2nd quarter after realizing Duke may never have the fat guys up front to stop this kind of unwatchable offense.

Game day!

Screen to start the game for Duke, followed by an ineffective sweep. Now a 3rd down pass that goes short of the sticks, of course.

Awful first drive followed by awful punt that goes out of bounds at the 50. So GT will only take 5:00 to get this TD.

GT's first play is a WR taking an end around and looking like Barry Sanders against middle schoolers.

Less than 2:00 in, I can safely say this game is over.

Duke with a great stop, but Monday's god awful punt comes back to haunt Duke, as the GT kicker just sneaks a 49 yarder between the uprights. Loss.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom