Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 4: Pitt

I hate that I wasn't able to watch anything once Florida started. Stupid Dish Network at my parents' place.

I know onside kick is the call there in college, but given that Duke has never recovered one in school history, and the fact that maybe Pitt is not so emboldened to throw if they were pinned back, maybe kick it deep there?

Kicking deep is the right call in that situation, IMO, unless you have someone like Snyderwine who was awesome at it, even though his teammates never capitalized.

I guess being out of timeouts left Cut feeling a bit more urgent about getting the ball back as quickly as possible and thus trying the onside kick.

Hard to trust your defense to get a 3 and out there, though.

But yeah, for all the talk about Martin's onside kick skills, he hasn't even had one go 10 yards yet.

What a frustrating season. Should be so different.

Just got back from the game. On the radio, Cutcliffe said the fake punt was the best fake punt play they have. Not sure that he understands that a fake punt should look like a real punt until the ball is snapped, not look like a fake punt from the beginning. All last year's fake punts were just as bad (remember the UNC one?)

Yeah, I posed the question more to foster discussion about how lousy the onside kick execution is. A program that is always behind in games should be better at that.

Nothing worse than sitting in the rain looking at the flags on the ground as Crowder runs for the TD and everyone going crazy around you. PAY ATTENTION.

DUMB got all dumb and started playing the fucking fight song.

Also, why did Duke need a TO coming out of an official TO for Connette to throw an INT?

Has Duke ever had a faster player than Crowder. Blazing.

That was like waking up hungover with blue balls lying next to an ugly virgin.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom