Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 5: Troy (Homecoming)

One of the better corners Duke has ever had can't matchup one-on-one with Troy's #1 receiver.

Duke up 28-21 at the half. Troy will receive the 2nd half kickoff. The coaches have to fix this D.

This is why Cutcliffe gets fired from programs that expect better than .500 seasons. Defense will always be bad. DC will never get fired. At Duke, .500 is and always should be glorious. Unless Stanford and Northwestern keep being awesome.

dukeberto said:
I'd like to see some similar things from Duke as I mentioned before the NCCU game.

We need to be +2 in TO margin, and I'd like to see at least two sacks from the Defense. Don't care if it's off of blitzes, or the DL finally generating some type of pass rush.

I think that Duncan gets the majority of the carries in this game, after essentially not being in the game last week. Hopefully he can get 100+ yards on the ground against this Troy defense. I would also like to see Crowder score on a reception.

I think Duke wins this one 43-26. The Defense will give up some big plays in the first half, making it closer than it should, but will settle down in the second and play hard-nosed football.

This is feeling like a right on the money prediction.

Well, I guess that holding call on their TD balances out our holding call from last week.

One thing I never figured out...why does this site have a Depressing thread and a Duke football thread?

I could only follow online. What happened with the holding call? I assume we just had a really nice, ball control drive in which we bled clock at the end, leaving them basically no time to score? (although with our D, anything greater than 0 seconds is arguably ample time).

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I could only follow online. What happened with the holding call? I assume we just had a really nice, ball control drive in which we bled clock at the end, leaving them basically no time to score? (although with our D, anything greater than 0 seconds is arguably ample time).
They had a long TD catch-and-run on a screen pass to take a 38-35 with about 9 left, but it got called back for holding near the line of scrimmage.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom