Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 7: The Naval Academy

aiw

Legend

Last edited by a moderator:
MV5BODMzNTYyMTIxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY1Mjg3OA@@._V1._SX640_SY895_.jpg

Let's embarrass these jerks.

Do they still run the triple option or did that leave with Paul Johnson? If they do, all we should have to do is study game tape of our defense against GTech over the last few years and we should be good to go.

Injury report for the game is finally out.

Notables:
PROBABLE
DE Michael Mann (upper body)
S Dwayne Norman (leg)

QUESTIONABLE
QB Anthony Boone (upper body)
LB Kelby Brown (lower body)

OUT
LB Kyler Brown
WR Johnell Barnes

No question that Norman and Mann play, although not sure how much Mann has actually played this season when healthy. Kelby being Questionable is huge, even if Kyler is Out. We will need Kelby and the rest of the LBs in order to defend against the Triple Option. Boone being questionable is also great, excellent recovery time for his injury. I am hoping that we don't actually play him on Saturday so as to not tip our hand against UVa in two weeks. I think Connette has proved himself capable of putting up points against opponents. The only way I see Boone coming in on Saturday is if we are up big in the fourth quarter and Cut puts him in to shake off some rust in a game situation.

In terms of strategy against Navy, the 4-2-5 should be decently effective. However I would play Cash and Cockrell at safety at the same time. Run support from the safety is extremely important, especially to a team whose LBs aren't the surest tacklers. I am not as worried about Navy airing out like GaTech did against us and feel more comfortable with our backup corners on islands against their wideouts.

Bring Cash and Cockrell closer to the LOS in the "hybrid-LB" role, along with Kelby and Helton, to something more akin to a 4-4-3. Or sub Cockrell from AYW/Norman who are better in run support than coverage, and drop Cockrell as the lone coverage safety with a combination of Patterson/Fields/Borders rotating in and out for the two CB spots. Cut has said that Russ can play any of the secondary positions well, why not try it out?

There was a time I never thought I'd see Anthony Boone throw that screen pass again

Well, that was a somewhat impressive drive for absolutely nothing.

Leave it to Cutcliffe to keep the most dangerous running QB since Tebow on the bench for a season-defining 4th and 1.

Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to watch this game. Will take me about 30 minutes to figure out I should turn it off.

3rd and 18, we throw a WR screen? lol

Never thought I would say this, but please put in Connette.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom