Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 9: Virginia Polytechnic Institute

dukeberto

All American
Bookie
Duke (5-2, 1-2) opens up as a 13 point dog at VPI (6-1, 3-0)

Unlikely that we beat VaTech although they have struggled to put up points. I am looking for a respectable performance and getting out of Lane Stadium healthy.
Biggest test of the day will be our O-Line versus their all-world D-Line that sacked Pitt's Savage 8 times two weeks ago.

If we can score some points against their steel curtain of a defense, I will be impressed. Contain Logan Thomas and make him throw to beat you.

VPI 35, Duke 20

One of these days, Duke needs to beat a real team and not someone who is just trying to make it to .500. Looks like this and Miami are the only two chances for that sort of win left on the schedule. Like our chances here more than the Miami game.

Of course, UVA sacked Savage NINE times the week before.

Pitt has been the most inconsistent litmus test ever this year.

The Georgia Tech game is always the worst to watch, and this game is always the most disappointing. In terms of styles and strengths/weaknesses, this is the 2-TD favorite Duke should always have a decent shot at, but Duke never wins this game. We have direct evidence that Duke could be up 20-0 on VT and not really have a chance. VT hasn't beaten an FBS team by more than 10 points, so apparently Duke is just the worst. A couple crazy Crowder plays, a couple of unexpected 4th down conversions, winning the turnover battle by 2... any of those is all Duke needs in order to win this game, all else going as expected. But they won't get it.

I would not even prepare for this game and just focus on State, who we actually have a shot at beating and thus becoming bowl eligible.

Please tell me there is another Duke cheering section off camera and it's not those 25 people practically being pushed over the ledge.

Any streaming links? First row doesn't have one as of now. Just audio.

Nice stop by the D, although we were greatly helped by the chop block penalty.

Boone needs to put a little more touch on those long passes to Crowder.

Beamer doesn't respect Duke. Gonna go for it on 4th down all day.

I hate the "FG range" line.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30