Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welcome to Duke-Forum! Introduce yourself here.

ZackM

Administrator
Staff member
With new members registering every day, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where people can introduce themselves and get familiar with the community.

So, if you're new to the site, let me just say welcome to the board, we're happy to have you.

Veteran members can feel free to post here too.

I'll start...

I'm Zack. You may recognize me from some of the other Duke boards where I've been a regular contributor for about the last decade. I am the Admin of this board so if you've got any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to me at any time.

I'm Sam, and I'm an alcoho.... oh, nevermind.

Longtime board lurker, recently more engaged on TDD or BDD or whatever in the last 2 years or so. Lifelong fan of everything Duke. Also Redskins, Braves and App State fan.

I love good, knowledgeable conversation about ball or just life in general. Glad to be here.

I'm a "veteran member" too, but why not.

You may know me from TDD as lhysjulien. I posted there frequently (some would say too much) between 2009 and a few years back. I followed Zack and a few others through various iterations of Duke Forum, posting frequently (some would say too much), and eventually switching my username to rome8180. I also posted on the old version of BDL some.

Personal details: I am 37 and live in Chicago with my girlfriend. I have one published novel and some other published creative writing, but I mostly survive through shitty service industry jobs. I became a Duke fan in 1986 when I moved to Durham with my family. My first favorite player was Danny Ferry.

I'm dukefan81, but that's Mr. 81 to you. Born and raised in the good ole Goldsboro NC or Slowsboro as we yungins use to call it, I eventually moved to Raleigh as a young man and lived there for ten years before moving to Philadelphia. I use to be an archaeologist, but after becoming a parent, the life style wasn't really conducive anymore. Now I'm in the process of getting my masters in secondary education, so I can warp the minds of other kids than my own. I use to post on the rivals board some a long time ago before making the switch to tdd back in '06 and now I'm here.

Harrison-ford-sean-connery-alison-doody-indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade.jpg

Did you get to sleep with her, too?

Sup- I am chs. I have been banned from here before, but that's okay, I am a recovering trollaholic. I attend weekly meetings!

irl I am a college student and am the head coach of a girls varsity basketball team, just approved actually. I try to share what little I know on these forums.

Also a vet through the different incarnations and coteries.

I haven't been back to the other boards in something like 2-3 years? And it feels great.

My high school cliques theme song was Superthug by Noreaga

Located in the Yay but appreciate Rome for the weird hours he keeps when I'm looking to read content here and the rest of you are asleep

Another refugee from the TDD/BDD boards here. I'm mostly an off topic board poster with interests in science and politics. IRL I'm a research scientist at Duke in the Biomedical Engineering department. I'm a class of 04 alumnus of the same. The first basketball game I ever watched was the Duke Kentucky game in 92. Guess I was pretty spoiled.

Another refugee from the TDD/BDD boards here. I'm mostly an off topic board poster with interests in science and politics. IRL I'm a research scientist at Duke in the Biomedical Engineering department. I'm a class of 04 alumnus of the same. The first basketball game I ever watched was the Duke Kentucky game in 92. Guess I was pretty spoiled.
Welcome to the board kchu. I'm anxiously awaiting your contributions to the science and technology thread.

I'm Travis, I came over here a few years ago, was mostly on TDD/DBR before... don't really post much but I lurk all the time and usually don't miss any game chats. I grew up in the Triad, lived in the DC area for a while, and as-of last month I'm in the Triangle.

Hi all - I live just outside Toronto and I'm in my extremely early 40s. I starting posting at D-F in Fall 2012. I also follow the boards on BDD & 247.

First and foremost a fan of Duke hoops. My favourite all-time Blue Devil is Trajan Langdon. I also follow the Canadian national hoops teams, Celtics, Blue Jays & Winnipeg Jets.

I am a music nerd without any talent to play an instrument. I also care about science/environmental issues for personal and professional reasons. Wish I had a better understanding of politics.

I come here for the advanced stat analyses and the emotional terrorism. Physics' homemade whiskey is pretty good, too. It has been a fun 5 years and it is nice to see the crowd of posters continue to expand.

Welcome to the board kchu. I'm anxiously awaiting your contributions to the science and technology thread.
Most kind. This is a terrific format, and I'm ashamed to only find out about it recently. I'll definitely be posting on the Banana Stand. There's always money in the Banana Stand.

Also a D-F vet.

Live in Bahama, work in Durham.

Love discussions about sausage and cheese making.

Our divisions have some interaction (Duke GI)

I'm another board vet. I'm 26 and live in Michigan, although I grew up in North Carolina and Florida. I am an FSU alumnus, so if you see me rooting for the garnet and gold as well, you'll know why.

I hope all the new users find a fun environment where we encourage intelligent discussions with fellow fans. Welcome!

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom