Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

In his defense, he had some really stupid passes fired at him. He also kept us alive with his rebounding.

Last edited:
The passing to the interior led to about 5-6 unforced turnovers. His FTs were shit.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/duke-now/article198174914.html

The first half of the article isn't really worth reading. But I enjoyed this part:

But Carter thinks he can still do better and make an impact in other places.

“Not so much as scoring and getting rebounds, but I can do more for my team, doing more of the dirty work for my team so we can come out on top of these close games that we’ve been having,” he said.

What is the dirty work?

Carter says getting rebounds that go long, diving on the floor for loose balls and taking charges.

“I want to capitalize on those opportunities,” he said. “I’ve done it in the past, but I want to do it to show I can do it night in and night out.”

“For instance, against (Virginia),” Carter added. “I think in my opinion we should have won. We made a lot of young mistakes and we’re cleaning them up each practice.”

That game, a 65-63 loss to No. 2 Virginia on Jan. 27, Carter had 14 points, 15 rebounds and 4 blocks.

On Saturday, Duke will play St. John’s at Madison Square Garden – the place where Krzyzewski got his 1,000th career win on Jan. 25, 2015, in a 77-68 win over St. John’s.

“St. John’s is a very talented team,” Carter said. “They have a lot of great guards if you watch film. It’s going to be a great defensive game for us where we’re going to communicate a lot, stop ball screens and do all the little things and be more than victorious.”

I love this attitude, but I especially love the weird Jabari-speak of that last phrase.

If you literally can't body up and score over Maye or Pinson one damn time, you're gonna have a hell of a time in the NBA. What a gutless performance.

He was terrible. I think his play had even more to do with the loss than dumb ass Duval. Rebound the fucking ball.

He was terrible. I think his play had even more to do with the loss than dumb ass Duval. Rebound the fucking ball.

Yeah, he was our worse player by a mile. I mean you can't have a 4 rebound game AND fail to score in the post once against Maye/Pinson

Freshmen are dumb, what can you say? He took an absolute beating from UVA and had one of his best games through it. Tonight? [Guy doing shrug thing]

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom