Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

Dumb. After last year I just think it's stupid to put those kind of expectations in the locker room. Hopefully that was just an 18 year old being excited after trouncing some terrible team than the coaches setting goals for the year.

12 points, 6 boards, 4 blocks, 2 steals and decent FT shooting. One more half to play.

I'll take it!

His shotblocking instincts are great. Really understands weakside help. Would have liked to see him do more, namely anything, in the 2nd half. He was brilliant in that initial run to open it up in the first half. Had about 5-6 great plays in a row.

He did have some great passes in the 2nd. Really good chemistry between him and Bagley. I appreciate his unselfishness. Seems like one of those guys who clearly doesn't care about stats (unlike all the players who claim they don't).

I think he's played well and while his raw numbers so far don't fully reflect his talent level, every time he's on the court you can feel his impact and the fact that he's good in all facets of the game.

Like Bagley, his motor is very refreshing to watch.

I've totally fallen in love with Wendell. It's like they took a veteran NBA power forward and put his game in a super athletic teenage body. IMO there's still a chance he ends up being our best all-around big. I'd like to see his shot improve to the point that defenders actually guard him at the top of the key, but that feels like nit-picking.

1-3 on threes is respectable, if he can keep that up. More encouraging was the 3-4 FTs. I feel like he can get to 70%. Bagley I am more worried about, given how badly he is bricking his attempts.

Agree Rome. If he's around 30-33% 3s to keep the opposing D honest and around 70% FT then he will be nearly unstoppable. I knew he'd be good, but I definitely wasn't expecting this good.

I'd like to see us be more intentional about spotting up Carter, Javin, and Bagley in the corner. I feel confident enough about all of them shooting open corner threes, but I'm less pumped about them floating around the top of the key, realizing they'e not being guarded, and being like, shit, am I a bitch if I don't shoot this?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom