Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

Makes me wonder if Capel will just retire or if he'll "resign" and end up somewhere like Georgetown when Pat Ewing fails

I honestly think Capel can continue to recruit at a high level, even after K leaves. He just needs someone else to drop the bags.

If Capel and Cuonzo teamed up, Calipari would have to start recruiting multi-year players. Every Capel/Cuonzo roster would just be the top 12 RSCI.

BTW, isn't Quin Snyder (unrealistic as that may be, due to past issues and current job status) likely to be the perfect mix of the best attributes of Capel and Collins? He's at least significantly more realistic than the Brad Stevens dream, given Duke ties and him only being in a low tier NBA market.

I'm not reading any more fluff pieces about him until the retarded recruiting and lineups change.

Oh christ, he's jerking himself off over the banning-players-from-the-lockerroom gimmick.

Also:

"That unpredictable turnover, accompanied by a parallel need to accelerate the seasoning of younger players, has caused Krzyzewski to make allowances he might not otherwise countenance. Of course, the coach hastens to add, that doesn’t mean any compromise in the team’s work ethic, cleanliness, players showing “strong faces” on the court, or a diminution of “truthfulness” in personal encounters.

Who gives a fuck about 'strong faces' when Matt Jones is playing 39 minutes and Frank Jackson less than fifteen instead of developing actual high ceiling talent. Maybe you wouldn't be so angry when we lose to inferior teams with no NBA talent.

I know what "cleanliness" means in this context, but it's still funny to read.

TS9 said:
I know what "cleanliness" means in this context, but it's still funny to read.

I must admit I am not sure what the meaning is in this context - 'take a shower' or 'don't trip opponents'?

It means clean the smegma out of your foreskin. Duh.

I know periodically K likes to borrow from the pros, even if it's shortlived (D'Antoni ball on the 2008 team). I'd love to see him integrate some more screens set by guards into the offense. There have been great plays in these finals where Curry has screened for Durant, or Irving for James, or Korver for James, or Smith setting a back pick for Love.

Of course, this is the one year since 2010 where we may not have any forwards who can dribble, so maybe it's a moot point.

Yeah, fair point. I just grouped him in with the perimeter players in 2010 but not 11, which doesn't really make sense.

What about 2013? Your forwards would be Ryan Kelly and Josh H. and freshman Amile - none of them were good dribblers

Okay, I'm an idiot. Still, the idea of a guard (esp Grayson) as the screener and roll-man would free up some cool plays, when we happen to have guys like Singler/Winslow/Ingram/Tatum/Reddish. Maybe even Ryan Kelly.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom