Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tarik Black

So this guy is pretty much like a short Miles Plumlee that can't rebound? Sweet deal.

Why are people calling him a terrible rebounder? 13.3% is almost exactly the same as Amile, and nobody calls Amile a terrible rebounder. There's other things about him that worry me a lot more than that, like his awful free throw shooting last year. I really don't want to go back to that.

I'm also curious about what exactly it was that caused his minutes to go down. Was it rebounding? If so, Pastner's dumber than I thought.

DrKlahn said:
Why are people calling him a terrible rebounder? 13.3% is almost exactly the same as Amile, and nobody calls Amile a terrible rebounder. There's other things about him that worry me a lot more than that, like his awful free throw shooting last year. I really don't want to go back to that.

I'm also curious about what exactly it was that caused his minutes to go down. Was it rebounding? If so, Pastner's dumber than I thought.

Well, he walked out of a practice early in the year. So it could just be that he was in the doghouse.

As for his rebounding, it's not so much that he's terrible at it as much as that he's not an upgrade.

Saw the dunk and was instantly aroused. Post-dunk taunt brought about climax.

Not over Amile, I'd agree with that, provided that Amile can physically withstand more than 20 minutes a game. He's a major upgrade over Jiggy.

Also, rebounding is a little contextual in that only one guy on a team can get every rebound. Memphis was a much better rebounding team than Duke. He had to compete with his own teammate DJ Stephens, who is able to grab 20% of rebounds despite being 6'5" because he is not a human being.

Good points. Amile is better on the offensive glass and Black on the defensive glass.

And certainly he's likely an upgrade over Josh in most areas. Just not convinced it's Josh's minutes he'll be taking.

rome8180 said:
Good points. Amile is better on the offensive glass and Black on the defensive glass.

And certainly he's likely an upgrade over Josh in most areas. Just not convinced it's Josh's minutes he'll be taking.

That's a fair concern.

MrAntHux said:
So this guy is pretty much like a short Miles Plumlee that can't rebound? Sweet deal.

I was thinking about the Miles comparison, too. And that next year's team could totally use a guy like Miles.

Let's face it, Duke could have dudes named Tarik Black and Rodney Hood on the roster next year.

rhfarmer said:
Let's face it, Duke could have dudes named Tarik Black and Rodney Hood on the roster next year.

Rasheed Sulaimon
Rodney Hood
Semilore Ojeleye
Jabari Parker
Tarik Black

would be the urbanest-named lineup in years. Potentially soon followed by our whitest, with

Grayson Allen
Matt Jones
Stanley Johnson
Alex Murphy
Marshall Plumlee

Jeez, I've never even heard of Stanley Johnson. Recruiting should stop after 2014 so I can say "I follow recruiting" with a straight face.

If he can come in and grab atleast 7 or 8 rebounds a game and decent low post D i would be happy with him here.

JohaadDBC said:
Jeez, I've never even heard of Stanley Johnson. Recruiting should stop after 2014 so I can say "I follow recruiting" with a straight face.

He is 2014.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom