Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Obi

Am I wrong for being kind of disgusted with Sean Obi? Actually interested in hearing opinions on this. This guy is a junior in college now and was given a free ride to Duke. He is apparently unplayable even when Duke has 4 decent players left to put on the court - Pagliuca gets playing time before him. I'm fine with giving Vrank a pass because he's a freshman. Jeter is coming along. Obi is a junior and he is just flat out worthless based on K's distribution of zero playing time to him. Am I out of line for putting most of the blame on Obi for not showing any basketball ability?

K is like the mean chef at Culinary school--Obi has gone from a solid, short order cook to that culinary school phase where if you tell him to boil water he bursts into tears. Another analogy would be Obi is Alex from A Clockwork Orange, and basketballs are women--he used to rape basketballs, and now he trembles when he sees them due to K's psychological conditioning.

Bottom line, this is K's fault, just like everything else.

Yeah, you're probably wrong to blame him. It was the coaches' choice to give him a scholarship, you can't blame him for accepting it.

If he was overrated coming from Rice, that's not Obi's fault, either.

But if the reason he isn't playing is because he's too lazy to put in the effort or he doesn't pay attention to the coaches or he willfully and consciously is doing something that keeps him off the floor, be disgusted and blame him for being a useless asshole. It would be nice to know just what it is that makes him completely unplayable.

deepdarkblue said:
Yeah, you're probably wrong to blame him. It was the coaches' choice to give him a scholarship, you can't blame him for accepting it.

If he was overrated coming from Rice, that's not Obi's fault, either.

But if the reason he isn't playing is because he's too lazy to put in the effort or he doesn't pay attention to the coaches or he willfully and consciously is doing something that keeps him off the floor, be disgusted and blame him for being a useless asshole. It would be nice to know just what it is that makes him completely unplayable.
He's overweight and can't move.

Really not very overweight anymore. Besides, plenty of overweight post players manage to be decent.

Sounds like he has some back and knee injuries that won't go away but they seem like protective lies to cover the fact that K missed on an evaluation.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
When I saw this thread bumped, I truly believed Sean Obi may have died.

Well, that picture does look like a 1950's image of a young man struck down by polio.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Re: Sean Obi
Post by SeanMayTriedToEatMe » April 21st, 2014, 7:42 pm

Such a turnaround from the days of only getting Plumlees. I think it got much harder for negative recruiters this season to point at Miles and Mason and say "if you go to Duke you'll be losers at life like those guys."

This will be the offseason of deep, deep reflection on our posts in the threads about players who leave the program. I am expecting a total of 8-10 departures.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Re: Sean Obi
Post by StopThePumpFakesShav » April 24th, 2014, 2:16 pm
Let's hope he is more Joel Embiid and less Casey Sanders in that respect.

It was not to be, STPFS. It was not to be.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back