Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

He's from Kansas. Interesting that most of the schools on his list (according to 247) are in his area with the exception of UCLA and Duke.

6'8", 205 wing. There's no scouting report, and I'm going to wait to watch any video until I know he's relevant. When I think of the hours I've wasted on prospects we never got serious with....Not that I would have done anything with that time. I could have masturbated more, I guess.

Last edited:
Actually, friend just said Mitchell may reclass. I would think that takes us off the table if so.

He's from Kansas. Interesting that most of the schools on his list, according to 247, are his area with the exception of UCLA and Duke.

6'8", 205 wing. There's no scouting report, and I'm going to wait to watch any video until I know he's relevant. When I think of the hours I've wasted on prospects we never got serious with....Not that I would have done anything with that time. I could have masturbated more, I guess.

Yeah, about all I ever accomplished by doing that was to make myself pissed watching the players K didn't pursue.

Not really relevant to Duke, but this is the most impressive highlight reel I've seen in a while. He looks like the perfect NBA prospect.

Maybe some of the high school defenders were just really good, but it looked like he was barely getting separation on half of those moves.

Not really relevant to Duke, but this is the most impressive highlight reel I've seen in a while. He looks like the perfect NBA prospect.

I was really impressed with him in the one game I watched. Scoring machine. Great motor combined with relentlessness and skill. Maybe a bit of a chucker would be my only criticism.

He's part of a new generation of elite off-the-dribble shooters. I'd argue that the most important skill you can have right now if you want to be a star NBA player is some sort of off-the-dribble three (especially a stepback or sidestep).

As Slater says, this is definitely not it, but we’re on the path toward all elite recruits having a place to go that’s more appealing than college.

I just don't get the economics around something like that ever replacing HM CBB. How do you generate enough demand to watch unaffiliated teenagers play against each other than you can pay them enough to warrant skipping up a year starting for a Duke or Kentucky?

I don't even really get the finances behind this venture. They must be operating at a staggering loss - but what's the endgame? "Selling" is an easy answer, but it's not really an answer - who is buying and why? Where does the eventual owner see the huge amount of revenue coming from?

Ultimately, I can't see it making sense other than an unprofitable venture subsidized by the NBA or USA basketball or something

I just don't get the economics around something like that ever replacing HM CBB. How do you generate enough demand to watch unaffiliated teenagers play against each other than you can pay them enough to warrant skipping up a year starting for a Duke or Kentucky?

I don't even really get the finances behind this venture. They must be operating at a staggering loss - but what's the endgame? "Selling" is an easy answer, but it's not really an answer - who is buying and why? Where does the eventual owner see the huge amount of revenue coming from?

Ultimately, I can't see it making sense other than an unprofitable venture subsidized by the NBA or USA basketball or something

I agree. Even with TV monies advertisers have to get eyeballs watching this and the G League hasn't even got that now.

Hopefully there’s something in place (insurance / escrow) to ensure compensation to these kids if this league doesn’t last the full two seasons. Not that I think the XFL for high school basketball players won’t be tremendously successful.

I don’t think people start caring/following individual players until they hit the pros. College basketball is successful not because of the players or quality of play but because of century old D-1 and conference rivalries, unwavering allegiance to individual college programs and the spectacle/betting extravaganza that is the NCAAT.

I just don’t see why people would care about 16-18 year olds playing basketball without those elements. I would think the majority of people who would even care to watch a HS basketball game now are only doing so to watch recruits or signees from the college team they root for.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom