Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Antonio Vrankovic

Based on what I have read posted by others (and my own thoughts) I think the answer to your question is for a couple of reasons:

- Jeter is able to provide help side defence more effectively;
- Jeter is perceived to be a better rim protector
- Jeter is better at running rim to rim.

Most of these things relate to a speed/quickness advantage. I would like to see more from both Jeter & Vrank.

I realize you were not specifically asking me this question, but I think the Jeter/Vrank argument is an interesting discussion.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I'm firmly in the Vrank over Jeter camp. And the (albeit limited in Vranks case) stats bear that out. Why do you like Jeter?

Man, Vrank's advanced stats are off the fucking charts. He has to play more.

Weird A is probably looking at this thread right now and realizing he needs to transfer. I'll miss not being able to read the TDD posts predicting his Zoubek senior year epiphany and how it will lead to a 2019 natty/chip. Farewell, big fella!

I'm glad Big Antonio didn't transfer.

And, I'm hoping Vrankovic fits in well with these OAD's. If Duke's history is any indication it will mean he is the last line of defense to be a rim protector when other teams spread the floor and break down these Freshmen off the bounce. Usually that means he fouls, leaves his man for an easy dump off dunk, or blocks the shot. IMHO though he needs to play.

I don't think he's a transfer risk. Guys of his ranking usually don't have huge expectations. (Bump this post in a year after he announces his transfer.)

rome8180 said:
I don't think he's a transfer risk. Guys of his ranking usually don't have huge expectations. (Bump this post in a year after he announces his transfer.)

Facetious hyperbole on my part. His PT outlook was maybe elevated once Jeter left. That is unless Duke gets Bamba.

Great perspective from Vrank. Really hope K gives him some serious playing time this season.

Unfortunately, I just don't see minutes with Carter, Bagley, and Bolden out there. Maybe after Carter breaks his foot and Coach K bangs his head and realizes Bolden is the worst.

Fuck. Vrank is getting the Marshall Plumlee treatment. Gets benched in favor of other talent for his entire career, only to prove, in the end, that he's a solid, reliable, albeit not flashy, but pretty good player. This dude trumps Bolden in so many ways. Our coaches blow.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back