Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Antonio Vrankovic

How did he get in before Robinson? Robinson looks capable of playing a couple minutes a game in a real game if were in a pinch. Love the dude but Vrank is horrible. Makes me long for the Hairston days.

Hairston was a top 50 recruit who was part of the regular rotation in competitive games as an upperclassman. Vrank was a lowly ranked recruit who is functioning as a human victory cigar. Weird comparison.

How did he get in before Robinson? Robinson looks capable of playing a couple minutes a game in a real game if were in a pinch. Love the dude but Vrank is horrible. Makes me long for the Hairston days.

This was just comical....

How did we even end up giving Vrank a scholarship? Seems like another Obi miss. I'm sure their were hopes he would turn into a Zoubek or something, but jesus he's worthless.

As Shav mentioned, Weird A was a lower-ranked recruit who was intended to serve as a project. It was never anticipated that he would be any sort of star, but I would say he has had a few moments of competency here and there over the last 4 years. I'm not trying to overstate his contributions, but he has not been worthless.

I agree that the limited athleticism has been holding him back from being a regular part of the rotation.

I don't know how any Duke fan can hate on Vrank. He has been grinding for 4 years with limited athleticism and has accepted his role and played hard every time he sets foot on the court.

Many, many Duke recruits who realized they were never going to play meaningful minutes bolted long before their senior season.

What do you guys want from Vrank? To be another under achieving, disgruntled high ranking recruit who transfers after a passive aggressive social media campaign?

Give the guy a break.

He gets a free Duke degree in exchange for being a giant practice body for 4 years. Duke uses up a scholarship that they would never use in a million years anyway. I doubt Duke has been at the full 13 scholarships more than 3-4 seasons in the past 20 years, and K was never going to have a full roster during this OAD run.

The difference between Vrankovic and Goldwire is that Goldwire is getting minutes that matter for some perverse reason. Vrankovic does no harm.

Fair point about JRob, CMon - however, I would say that the rotation used by the staff this season has been pretty good.
I know Robinson only plays scrub minutes, but every time I see him I think he looks totally fine. He's athletic, he understand defensive positioning, and he can hit a three.

He's not going to have a White-like rise but if Bolden and Stewart aren't on this roster I could see Robinson playing 10-12mpg in a backup role and being completely ok. If Bolden and Stewart are here then Rob obviously won't play.

He gets a free Duke degree in exchange for being a giant practice body for 4 years. Duke uses up a scholarship that they would never use in a million years anyway. I doubt Duke has been at the full 13 scholarships more than 3-4 seasons in the past 20 years, and K was never going to have a full roster during this OAD run.

The difference between Vrankovic and Goldwire is that Goldwire is getting minutes that matter for some perverse reason. Vrankovic does no harm.

If by "perverse reason," you mean that we didn't recruit any guards for this year, then yes, it's perverse. Next year is going to be even perverser.

Duke has to run 5x5 practices and other shit. There's going to be 10th men like Vrank who serves that purpose to put a body on the floor. After years of watching I think most would agree an 8 man rotation is ideal, with 2 other players coming in for small spurts if the situation dictates. Works better than trying to satisfy 10 legit rotational players like Calipari tried to do with his platoons, or what the Celtics are trying to do this year.

Robinson could actually be a legit stretch 5 for this team in limited minutes and for next year's team. I'm a fan.

Wow I didn't mean to start a hate train on him, I've never had any expectation of him at all, it was more for around the thought that there could be one day a Vrank Island, which will never happen. My comment was just that you can see why he doesn't play more, but he's perfectly serviceable in the role he does play which is a good locker room guy and practice player.

The 2nd scholarship player in the TDF era to be recruited, commit, matriculate, and spend all 4 years at Duke.

As for his career here, well, he is indeed a basketball player who plays at Duke.

Could conceivably have played with 3+ future NBA all stars, maybe more.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom