Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Frank Jackson

Such a fucking waste. In two years will anyone remember that Frank Jackson was a person who played basketball at Duke?

I hope those "assurances" are broken by the team that gave them when someone better unexpectedly slips in the draft.

Yeah, I'm going to take this opportunity to be incredibly petty and hope he slides to like 34th overall because of his father. Damage is done, so I hope Frank has success but holy shit this is such a frustrating decision. It will become more frustrating when Grayson Allen tears his ACL following a reckless drive to the basket, causing the entire country to erupt into a massive month-long celebratory parade and making r/CBB even more unreadable.

skins said:
Such a fucking waste. In two years will anyone remember that Frank Jackson was a person who played basketball at Duke?

Do you remember Maggette?

rome8180 said:
I hope those "assurances" are broken by the team that gave them when someone better unexpectedly slips in the draft.

This attitude seems counterproductive. He is gone. Wish him well. Let go of your anger and recognize that him succeeding in the NBA will help Duke basketball far more than him failing will.

I also wish him well. I expect him to find success, but I find that he is a weird fit for the two teams that are rumored to be showing interest (Portland & Utah). I know he is a Utah kid, but I don't see how he fits into that backcourt.

niveklaen said:
skins said:

Well first of all, Maggette's team performed beyond expectations (even though they were set sky high), dominated all year, and were a couple plays from winning the national championship. But also, Maggette is pretty far down on the list of players I think when I think of Duke guys in the NBA past and present. Ultimately the biggest impression he made on me as a Duke fan was worrying that he would get Duke in trouble with the NCAA.

Silly people, we still have the GOAT coach and multiple 5-star players on our roster. Another natty on the way.

niveklaen said:
rome8180 said:

This attitude seems counterproductive. He is gone. Wish him well. Let go of your anger and recognize that him succeeding in the NBA will help Duke basketball far more than him failing will.

Failing in the draft doesn't mean he fails in the NBA. You can actually have it both ways.

If he really has a first round guarantee from someone then I can't hate on him for his decision. At least the expectations for next season start at rock bottom. We can only go up from here boys!

physicsfactor said:
niveklaen said:
skins said:

Well first of all, Maggette's team performed beyond expectations (even though they were set sky high), dominated all year, and were a couple plays from winning the national championship. But also, Maggette is pretty far down on the list of players I think when I think of Duke guys in the NBA past and present. Ultimately the biggest impression he made on me as a Duke fan was worrying that he would get Duke in trouble with the NCAA.

Maggette was drafted 13th off a National Championship Runner-Up. Nonsensical comparison. Also, I think his family's financial situation was completely different.

surfpenguin said:
If he really has a first round guarantee from someone then I can't hate on him for his decision. At least the expectations for next season start at rock bottom. We can only go up from here boys!
Oh yeah? I bet they can prove you wrong!

If you re-read the first few pages of this thread, it seems we all knew Frank was OAD based on HS dunks alone. I don't know when that feeling changed during the course of the season. It shouldn't have. When a kid can jump this high, he's going in the 1st round ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time K is going to get an athlete of this caliber, he should consider not bringing him off the bench on a fake superteam. Play him heavy minutes and get some use out of him in his one year. Instead, he played his polar opposite, Matt Jones over him.

So he was legitimately the best athlete in college basketball this year.

Physically on the same level as generational freaks Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Derrick Rose, who are universally considered the most athletic PGs in NBA history.

He also has the ability to shoot.

If you think there's even a ghost of a chance he can eventually develop the skills to actually play PG in the NBA - you draft him. Young, coachable, marketable and no injury history. He's the type of late round "risk" NBA GMs have wet dreams of. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if he skyrocketed from value pick to over drafted, essentially becoming the NBA equivalent of an over-hyped NFL combine workout warrior.

Maybe the true reason he left is that he knew staying at Duke would result in permanent foot damage and a possible hobbling.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom