Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

It's hard to be too critical when he scores 34 and gets 15 boards. Still can't believe how good and effective he is this early. And today was against Bamba. He may very well go #1 in the draft with MP injury.

Edit- I'm a dumbass--this is the Carter thread

Last edited:
WC looked lost for about 95% of his floor time tonight, yet made big plays down the stretch on both ends.

Had a couple huge defensive boards.

Last edited:
If he ever figures out how to play with intensity in both halves... watch out!

Duke Plus/Minus Net Differential Rating (Scoring Margin Per 40 on court vs off)

Carter - 16.4
Trent - 11.7
Bagley - 8.7
Allen - 8.4
Goldwire - 5.9
Delaurier - 1.4
O'Connell - -2.3
Duval - -3.0
Bolden - -31.6

Hey Toph, do you have the offensive and defensive splits of those per-40 margins easily accessible? I think eye-test-wise Carter and Trent are the best defenders, so I'm curious how much of their team-leading margins come from opponents scoring less during their court time.

Hey Toph, do you have the offensive and defensive splits of those per-40 margins easily accessible? I think eye-test-wise Carter and Trent are the best defenders, so I'm curious how much of their team-leading margins come from opponents scoring less during their court time.

I wish I did but I do not. The situational splits stuff is way more expensive on Synergy

Bucked the trend by having a monster 1st half against IU. Need to keep him near the basket - IU is drawing him 15-20' away from the hoop in spite of their poor shooting.

He was a real force mid-to-late 2nd half. Pity he fouled out, as they could not guard him.

I did not dig a couple of those fouls he was called for.

The collecting of fouls is a little disconcerting, even through tonight didn't matter. Seems he has had at least 4 every game.

Our defensive scheme sets him up to foul. He's guarding guys at the top of the key that drive past him and he fouls them at the basket.

And I hate to be a broken record, but no one else is rotating over to take any of those fouls for him (or help him out in any way) besides maybe DeLaurier.

Have to find a way to maximize his rim protecting abilities. Best shot-blocker since Shelden, as others have noted.

He also swats too much when he challenges shots. Shelden was great at going straight up and basically letting people shoot into his blocks. Carter could get there, but I doubt he does in his only college season.

He deserves a little more respect from the refs, imo. But I am aware that that sounds like a homer-ish excuse.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom