Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

TIL it's "win-DELL" not "WIN-dul"

Welcome to Duke! Hope you have ankle and knee braces.

Good deal, glad he chose Duke. My friend shared a tweet with me of the commitment video - still didn't watch.

Carter on why he chose Duke:

"I toured Duke Hospital and met with several of the orthopedists. Top notch facility. I look forward to rehabbing there most of next year after awkwardly landing in practice in November."

Great pickup.

I think Wendell and Kennard will be the focal points of our offense next year. And we'll have lots of options ;)

He's looking pretty good on ESPNU. Weird seeing a big who can hit free throws, 9-12 in the first half. But thus far I have seen him hedge a pick and roll perfectly forcing the guard into a hard contested fadeaway, box out more than once, handle and pass the ball. It is weird seeing him play point center at times though.

16 points and 9 reb on six shots in the first half. Playing against Nick Richards and St Patrick's

bdotling said:
He's looking pretty good on ESPNU. Weird seeing a big who can hit free throws, 9-12 in the first half. But thus far I have seen him hedge a pick and roll perfectly forcing the guard into a hard contested fadeaway, box out more than once, handle and pass the ball. It is weird seeing him play point center at times though.

None of these things will be relevant at Duke.

I think Carter will be good for us, though I am kind of worried about his helicopter mother. Will she demand paint touches for Wendell at the expense of the team.

Also, I think Trent will struggle a bit. He's been a volume guy, and though he's a "shooter" he hasn't always shot well against elite competition. Will he be one of those guys who struggles to find his jumper for a full year? Duval, should we land him, creates spacing problems. So, if we lose Kennard, it's going to be very important that Trent can shoot (and that Jackson becomes more consistent).

Yeah, he's really the only freshman I'm 100% sold on being a good player off the bat.

I expect him to be our best all-around post player since Shelden (though of course not nearly that good).

He seems more agile than I gave him credit for also. He looks to have shaped up a lot in the summer as well. He won't be as perimeter oriented as someone like Jabari, but also won't be chained in the post like Jahlil. I'm interested to watch his offensive game and the ways he will score.

Seems like a perfect PnR/PnP big for Duval and can also run the floor in transition.

Yeah, he's really the only freshman I'm 100% sold on being a good player off the bat.

I expect him to be our best all-around post player since Shelden (though of course not nearly that good).

Better all around than Mason Plumlee?

Yeah, I think he will play defense instead of stepping out of the way or vaguely swatting at the air.

I think Wendell Carter Jr will be one of our more favorably viewed one and done players ever. Unless he wins a championship he won't be more well regarded than Stones or Winslow, but, I think he'll be #3. Carter has a great offensive game, and he will actually play defense and rebound. I don't think he will be exactly like Jabari Parker offensively, but I think he'll be similar enough to how they operate inside the perimeter. Jabari entering had more perimeter skill than Carter Jr, but in terms of their face up game and strength finishing inside, I expect Carter Jr to be similar.

I'm really interested to see how Carter Jr develops his perimeter defense. If he develops there, he could be our best one and done ever, all around. Parker and Okafor were horrible defensively.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back