Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

He seems like he's pretty grounded. I think he'll be fine and will be an excellent contributor for a few years.
Like Josh Hairston, but not.

Like Hairston if he had any attributes that made you think he was qualified to play basketball.

The fact that he's a top-notch student, not a top 25 recruit, and has always been a Duke fan make me confident he'll be patient.

Have a bunch of friends from Charlottesville whose kids went to St Anne's with him. None of these people are favorably predisposed towards Duke, but to a one they say the kid is a truly spectacular person. It would take something way off the charts for him to even consider leaving. So yeah, play Jeter at this point.

Granted it's very limited highlights, but he clearly has the athleticism to perform at a very high level. If he's as smart as he sounds like he is in that interview, then I can't imagine him not grasping K's defensive scheme. He seems like he would also grasp the necessity to communicate on the floor if you are playing for K. He also gets that he is going to have to bust his ass in the weight room, at practice, in school, etc. If he grasps all that, and follows through on all that, I wonder what it will take for him to see the floor?

Only after we stop talking about what a disappointment Obi has been.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Can't wait to rip this kid apart due to poor advanced stats.

Seeing/hearing nothing but good things about DeLaurier so far. It would be cool if he pushes Tatum and Giles to be a great defenders who give max effort all the time. I can see K using the threat of DeLaurier to constantly push those guys, asserting that he can play DeLaurier in their places without much overall dropoff for the lineup. Seems like we already know who(m?) one of the captains will be for the Bagley season and the season after that.

Just from the one practice, I'd say he's the 8th man behind Kennard and Jackson but ahead of Giles and Jeter.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Topher said:
Just from the one practice, I'd say he's the 8th man behind Kennard and Jackson but ahead of Giles and Jeter.

So really the 9th, if and when Giles returns.

Giles ain't coming back. This is just an extended play version of the Kyrie Irving song.

Some Duke fans will hate him when he takes minutes away from a more heralded recruit. K playz faves.

This guy is going to be great if he can learn some ball handling. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him develop.

Reminds me of what Semi Ojeleye's potential was thought to be, if you decreased Ojeleye's vert by a few inches and increased all other skills by 500%.

childress22 said:
.... and he's handled it pretty well on those fast breaks, to be honest.

Yeah, open court he was fine, in traffic he struggled. I would think that's an easy fix, just needs practice.

Great instincts for deflections, passing lanes, filling the lane. Seems like a very heady player with the athletic chops to match.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom